Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hello from South Wales!

Posted by: user601187 | Tue 12th Aug 2014 11:28 | Last Reply

Hello everyone, I just picked up golf as a hobby a month or two ago, I'm only 19 so I'm very inexperienced in the world of golf, although I watch every televised event I can. Just a couple of questions I have, is there a course in south Wales anyone recommends? And, if so have they got a website?

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 11:28
re: Hello from South Wales!
user53837
Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2014 11:36

Golf courses in Wales here >>

http://www.golfshake.com/course/Europe/United_Kingdom/Wales/

I know a few guys based your way so I'm sure they will post some suggestions very soon.

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 11:36
user601574
Reply : Wed 13th Aug 2014 09:36

Hi mate

I'm from South Wales to although a little older than u I'm also new 2 golf ,

I can only comment on the course I've played which is at marys in Bridgend a nice course and challenging one the other course which I have played is the vale I've played the lakes and the national course, both very challenging courses national is very long and lakes a little shorter my preference is the lakes course is more for me. Are you a member of any club yet and where are you from

Last edit : Wed 13th Aug 2014 09:36
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 13th Aug 2014 23:02

Welcome to the site.

You will find we are a pretty friendly bunch.

If you have any questions just ask and I'm certain somebody will have the answer.

Russ

Last edit : Wed 13th Aug 2014 23:02
user23669
Reply : Mon 25th Aug 2014 17:58

Hi there

I have a friend in that neck of the woods. This means I have played a couple of the courses. I would have a go playing Merthyr Tydfil Cilsanws.

It is a bit rough but has hardly anyone on it most of the time I have visited it. If you decide to become a member a 5 day membership costs only £200 according to the website.

Have also played Mountain Ash, Mountain Lakes, Glynneath, Rhondda & Morlais Castle golf clubs as well. but as a beginner can't go wrong at Cilsanws.

http://mtgc.co.uk/

Happy golfing

Last edit : Mon 25th Aug 2014 17:58

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top