Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

" Wet " Gloves

Posted by: user455045 | Tue 12th Aug 2014 09:11 | Last Reply

At a recent society day we were Rained Off, it was heaving down and we were suffering from bouts of Fog. I found My grip was continuously slipping and lost a lot of control, so when I mentioned it later to a friend ,he said that he had wet gloves????? What's he talking about. I never had time to pin him down with makes/brands. Can anyone help?

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 09:11
re: " Wet " Gloves
user24437
Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2014 09:36

They are brilliant. I've got a pair of Callaway wet weathers (not sure if they're still available) but most of the glove makers do either pairs or singles. Can be quite odd to use at first, they do need to be really, really wet to work properly and are a bit of a pain to get on and off once wet but they do work. A bit uncomfortable in the winter as your hands tend to get really cold.

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 09:36
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2014 09:58

I've got a 'Wet Glove' and when it's really wet it works wonders.

They are no good for a bit of light rain, but get them out when it's really wet.

Once the glove is wet it gets sticky so you have no problems with your club slipping.

Well worth getting one (or two) and leave them in your bag for that extra special rainy day.

Russ

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 09:58
user246701
Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2014 18:51

Macwets for me, awesome gloves in the rain ... and as they come in a pair I also wear them in the winter too.

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 18:51
user455045
Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2014 19:32

Thanks everyone, do any of them have any insulation properties as I get cold hands during the winter......ie do they double up as a winter glove?

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 19:32
user356537
Reply : Wed 13th Aug 2014 06:17

John, the Footjoy Raingear Extreme are superb wet weather gloves. Make sure you get a pair otherwise it will be your un-gloved hand that slips!

You can get winter thermal gloves but personally I find that you don't get any 'feel' if you wear them.

Last edit : Wed 13th Aug 2014 06:17

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top