Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf in Teesside, Darlington or North Yorkshire

Posted by: user28838 | Tue 22nd Jul 2014 13:21 | Last Reply

I am looking to have a weekend away in Teesside/Darlington/North Yorkshire in September, playing 36 holes on Saturday 13th and 18 holes on Sunday 14th - just a two ball playing. We are looking to play a different course each day.

Do any fellow Golfshakers have any advice on courses which a) are good courses, and b) will be available for visitors to play on a weekend?

Any advice on good travel companies to use to put together a package would also be appreciated.

Last edit : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 13:22
re: Golf in Teesside, Darlington or North Yorkshire
user451055
Reply : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 16:30

Cleveland - a great little links course. The only links course in Yorkshire. Dunno if available weekends but worth a phone call.

Last edit : Tue 22nd Jul 2014 16:30
user338942
Reply : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 10:07

Hi Tony,

I'm in Darlington, go know the area well.

Best course and facilities in the region is Rockliffe Hall. Can be a bit pricey, but shop well and you can find a round with bacon & coffee for £35-£40.

I agree Cleveland is a cracking course. If links is what you want to play, also check out Seaton Carew.

Other courses you might want to try: Blackwell Grange - my course, would have to be a Saturday. Woodham - about to reopen with upgraded drainage. Fantastic back 9. Bishop Auckland Brancepeth Castle Ramside Sharpley Springs Wynyard - hosted the Seve Trophy a few years back Bit further north you also have Slaley which held European Tour events for a few years.

Last edit : Wed 23rd Jul 2014 10:07
user28838
Reply : Tue 23rd Sep 2014 22:50

Thanks all for the above. I have now been away for the weekend and played Ripon (loved it - very tricky greens) and Woodham (greens and some fairways in terrible condition - still enjoyed it though and would like to return when the course condition improves).

Dave S - I played Seaton Carew the previous week on Invitation weekend - a proper links course and a nice change to the parkland golf I usually play.

Last edit : Tue 23rd Sep 2014 22:50
user608387
Reply : Tue 30th Sep 2014 13:05

Next time you in Teesside area try Wilton golf course and brass castle m8 both nice courses.sure you will enjoy them.

Last edit : Tue 30th Sep 2014 13:05

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top