Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Has This Happened to You?

Posted by: user596177 | Sun 20th Jul 2014 10:39 | Last Reply

With my eye sight being pretty poor I have stayed mainly on a par 3 course and I was doing quite well.Then I made friends with a player who wanted company on the main Seeley course which was pretty hard going on the back 9. Its a very different game to me it seemed. Started going round in 129 strikes, 99 is my aim at the moment I am now down to 110 which is a start. Went back onto the par 3 course for a change but my game was back to square one, getting 4,5.6 rather than the 2,3,4 strikes As this happened to you?.

Last edit : Mon 28th Jul 2014 19:05
re: Has This Happened to You?
user491363
Reply : Mon 28th Jul 2014 18:06

Happens to me also, Bro. Very discouraging, but I love to be out, getting excersize, fellowship, and...I just love the challenge of the game, I guess. Keep that head up, keep swinging, and it'll come around!!

Last edit : Mon 28th Jul 2014 18:06
user596177
Reply : Mon 28th Jul 2014 21:13

Hi Cecil I understand it quite often happens although I cannot understand why. I love the game and the very enjoyable company. Certainly keeping this 74 year old fit. Getting down to the 99 strokes taking some doing but I will get there and then I can make good use of the 28 handicap. I didn't start playing this game till I was 71 so its been quite a challenge. Back on the par 3 course tomorrow just have to see how I get on.

Last edit : Mon 28th Jul 2014 21:13
user80078
Reply : Sat 2nd Aug 2014 11:20

Hugh, just make sure you keep enjoying your golf, no matter what. Perhaps when you moved onto the longer course you may have started to feel you had to hit harder and hence could lose some rhythm. One of the best pieces of advice I was given was to play within myself whatever club I played. Good luck with the scores!

Last edit : Sat 2nd Aug 2014 11:20

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top