Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My golf club video, looking for feedback

Posted by: user596405 | Wed 16th Jul 2014 23:37 | Last Reply

Hi there,

I offered to make this promo video as a favour to my local club, which included some aerial filming using a friends quadcopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7EfFLYVejk

Although it met with positive comments from the club members I am really interested for some insight on how non-members might perceive a promotional video like this when looking at new courses to play on. For instance if you go to a club website and see a video like this on the home page does it help to sell the club to you, or would you perhaps just ignore it?

I would ideally like to make more of these for other clubs so any comments you might have on the video and whether it does the job would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to be honest!

Thanks, Frank

Last edit : Fri 18th Jul 2014 10:00
re: My golf club video, looking for feedback
user250721
Reply : Thu 17th Jul 2014 22:20

I think you have done a cracking job Frank.

Last edit : Thu 17th Jul 2014 22:20
user99350
Reply : Fri 18th Jul 2014 08:24

The flyover is always a good idea and the scenery is great. If you're looking for constructive criticism: (i) nothing much about the clubhouse or proshop. (ii) You should have edited out the putt where the ball leaves the ground. (ii) some of the players attire was a bit shabby (ii) you should have included some players with more 'conventional' swings ie no one likes to see a bloke with a reverse pivot.

Last edit : Fri 18th Jul 2014 08:24
user596405
Reply : Fri 18th Jul 2014 10:58

Thanks for watching guys. I agree with your points Patrick in general terms although because the club house here is not a big selling point they asked me not to film it and to concentrate on the course and scenery. It was a big tricky with the golfers too as there was actually a club competition going on (which I wasn't made aware of till I arrived) so had to work around the players as they went about their business and surprisingly few of them had ideal swings. Should have seen some of the swings I didn't use!

Cheers again for looking

Last edit : Fri 18th Jul 2014 10:58
user469358
Reply : Sat 19th Jul 2014 22:42

very nice, if I was local the video would encourage me to try the course out.

Last edit : Sat 19th Jul 2014 22:42

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top