Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Flop Shot Challenge

Posted by: user250721 | Tue 15th Jul 2014 18:27 | Last Reply

Ok. So clicking on this link will take you to the video of Philly Mick hitting a few flops and then setting a challenge to other pros.

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/7518/Mickelson_challenges_fellow_tour_pros_to_flop_shot_shoot_out.html

I took it upon myself to give it a go and was on the look out for volunteers on social media to be my 'cardboard cut out'

Surprisingly nobody came forward even after I offered padding........

A few asked my to maybe give it a go first with something less human. So here it is........ Still looking for volunteers......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VheuuUoOWX8

Last edit : Tue 15th Jul 2014 18:27
re: Flop Shot Challenge
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th Jul 2014 18:38

Nice shot, but I do remember seeing Mickleson hit a flop shot over Dave Peltz (Spelling!), and he's a tall guy.

I also think you were standing a little bit too far away from the fence!

When I come to your club I'll stand in front of you (what a LIAR I am!).

Russ

Last edit : Tue 15th Jul 2014 18:38
user250721
Reply : Tue 15th Jul 2014 18:46

Ahem. I was maybe a foot too far back. But the clearence counteracts this.

Over to you......

Last edit : Tue 15th Jul 2014 18:46
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th Jul 2014 19:04

I might let you use me as a dummy, but not with a real golf ball!

Russ

Last edit : Tue 15th Jul 2014 19:04
user246701
Reply : Tue 15th Jul 2014 19:56

Mickleson was a wedge away from Cleveland when he hit it, and off a much tighter lie. You took about 3 maybe even 4 steps away from the fence. Come on Matt let's see the proper shot

Last edit : Tue 15th Jul 2014 19:56
user24437
Reply : Tue 15th Jul 2014 21:53

Yeah, mow the bloody lawn first, scruffy b...

Last edit : Tue 15th Jul 2014 21:53
user88724
Reply : Wed 16th Jul 2014 08:07

COURSE MANAGEMENT:

1. Always declare distances in German metres. Us oldies know how far four feet is. Most youngsters, who exclusively use German, recognise little.

2. Never use a latticework fence or fishing line hung between sticks. Do try this challenge at home using a real fence. Eighty years ago there were two million people on earth. Now there are over eight million. Modern golf can successfully address this chronic issue.

3. Never declare the make and model of your ball. Play the shot facing the other way between your legs. Three chances is better than one, and again.........the over-population issue.

4. Always stain chronically neglected fences before attempting this trick. Leave this planet a better place.

5. Always practice with care:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRIzE_xMqMI

Last edit : Wed 16th Jul 2014 08:07
user106712
Reply : Wed 16th Jul 2014 09:05

On a slight tangent, the earth is getting overcrowded because we have no natural predators keeping our population down.However with all the wars in Asia,the middle east and Africa we may be able to decimate ourselves. I think the population stands at 7 billion but if everyone goes out and practices a flop shot over a friend, I'm sure we can lower the population by around 10-15 percent in a short time.

Last edit : Wed 16th Jul 2014 09:05
user88724
Reply : Wed 16th Jul 2014 11:00

Yes, BILLION. I attempted to correct the typo. but the long standing G/S site error contines - barring such. I am personally fed up with re-posting via cut and paste. I counted such a few weeks ago and the true figure is over 10b. (Hence I'm looking so tired.) Many countries promoting multi-culturalism fiddle their figures and likely the U.K. is the leading culprit. I recall over 20 years ago a government source advising that the U.K. population was around 65 million. We are now advised that such is 64 million. Yes, yes. We also believe the official lines on U.F.O's. and twin towers.

Last edit : Wed 16th Jul 2014 11:00

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top