Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Society handicap scoring

Posted by: user577316 | Mon 7th Jul 2014 20:37 | Last Reply

I'm starting to run a local society for friends and friends of friends, I'm looking for some good methods for sorting handicaps out has any1 got any good ideas, 1 friend recommended that any1 scoring over 30 points would be lowered and any1 under 30 would come up therefore all golfers would come closer together and no daft amount of points would take the win!

Last edit : Mon 7th Jul 2014 20:37
re: Society handicap scoring
user100745
Reply : Mon 14th Jul 2014 17:16

Play three rounds adjust all scores to max 2 over par total of three adjusted scores - total par score for the three rounds divide this by 3 this will give you all a starting handicap. Winner reduce handicap by two any one beating standard scratch score (SSS)on the score card loses 0.4 for every stroke under SSS if handicap is 21 to 28 0.3 if handicap is 14 to 20 0.2 if handicap is 6 to 13 and 0.1 if handicap is 5 or less. You will get high scores at first but they will become rare as the two shot rule bites. After several years due to average scores dropping below 36 points I give one or two strokes back to every one. If you use golf shake to calculate your handicaps them manually adjust the winners handicap by two Hope this helps

Last edit : Mon 14th Jul 2014 17:16

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top