Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Tiger Will Win The Open...

Posted by: user591770 | Tue 1st Jul 2014 15:10 | Last Reply

So, every single year i place a little bet on someone to win The Open, and every single year i seem to struggle to get it right... My last win was Padraig Harrington, years ago. Personally, i like to have a little bet on every Major, as i'm sure a number of you do. The only issue is, this Open Championship seems to be open to anyone, it's almost a sweepstake.

Justin Rose is hot in the eye's of the public, and from what he says, he seems pretty confident: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/golf-at-goodwood/latest-news/articles/justin-rose-blog.aspx

It's understandable, as he has literally just won, and seems to play well on difficult golf courses. But, call me crazy, i'll be rooting for Tiger at Hoylake. Last time he played there, his course management was stunning. Iron off the tee, fairway finding masterclass. It's just whether he has his head screwed on to do the same again.

So, Tiger is who i have money on. But, i want to know what the golfing community think?

Last edit : Tue 1st Jul 2014 15:19
re: Tiger Will Win The Open...
user469358
Reply : Thu 3rd Jul 2014 14:15

I dont think so, not long since he had back surgery and looks pretty rusty. Maybe next year. I reckon its very open, everyones in with a good chance, not a course where you need to be a long hitter so someone like Mcdowell or even Luke Donald could have a good chance.

Last edit : Thu 3rd Jul 2014 14:15
re: Tiger Will Win The Open...
user106712
Reply : Thu 3rd Jul 2014 20:24

I don't think Tiger will win another major. There are too many players as good or better than him nowadays and he's injury prone with all the special training he does to keep fit, its having the opposite effect.

Last edit : Thu 3rd Jul 2014 20:24

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top