Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Still at it!

Posted by: user565589 | Sat 28th Jun 2014 06:35 | Last Reply

Hey Golfshakers,

Haven't been on in a while, thought I'd update you on my progress. I shot 3 sub 100 rounds in a row this week which I'm pretty happy with. Last round consisted of 3 pars, 9 bogeys! 4 double bogey, 7, 8.

I put this down to leaving my driver in the bag and using a 3 wood which a friend donated to me a few months ago, initially I was terrified of it, the head seemed tiny and I just couldn't imagine having any chance with it. It stayed firmly in the bag until a fortnight ago when Idecided to give it a crack. Well wadda you know! After a little trial and error it seems I can't hit a bad shot with this club! A nice slow and low take away and swoosh, it sweeps off quite nicely and goes just as far as my driver except without the slice. Even off the fairway, in fact I'd go as far as to say that I hit it better off the deck than on a tee. I only really risk my driver on holes with nice wide fairways as 8 times out of ten I will slice it a little. I filmed my driver swing a while back, froze the video jusy before impact and the club face was entirely open! Shocking, it really didn't feel that way and if not gir a split second correction I wouldn't be getting any kind of contact. Strengthening my grip smd standong a little further away yo give my arms the time and space to get the clib face square is helping but still someway to go with driver consistency.

My irons are also benefitting from standing a little further from the ball. Being just slightly too close was causing me to come over the top and from the outside to get any lind of decemt contact. Standing away a little is helping me come from inside and slice it less.

My only area of non improvement is bunkers. I cannot get out of sand! I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to, low wide stance, open face, hitting sand a few inches before ball, follow through but it has taken me 7 or 8 shots on occasion to get out. I must do some work on this!

Anyway, I'm going on a bit now. All in all, pretty happy, 9 mths playing and still loving it.

B.

Last edit : Sat 28th Jun 2014 06:35
re: Still at it!
user565589
Reply : Sat 28th Jun 2014 07:46

Excuse the typos above, i phone, fat fingers!

Last edit : Sat 28th Jun 2014 07:46
re: Still at it!
user53837
Reply : Mon 30th Jun 2014 11:55

Well played Brian, glad you are loving it which is the most important part!

Last edit : Mon 30th Jun 2014 11:55

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top