Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The V Club - Lithuania

Posted by: user425315 | Mon 23rd Jun 2014 17:13 | Last Reply

I had the good fortune to spend 4 glorious days at Le Meridian Hotel in Vilnius, Lithuania recently and got to play 4 rounds of golf at The V Club. I most say that is was the toughest course I have ever played, but I cant wait to get back there with my own clubs to give it another go - our group all decided to hire clubs from the hotel. the course is long and tight of the tee so accuracy rules otherwise your ball will find a watery grave. there are only 2 holes that do not have some sort water hazard, be it a lake, pond or ditch so plotting your way round is essential. the high handicappers in the group struggled, but then again so did I playing off 12. I am not sure how much using alien clubs was to blame or whether the course was just too tough. The greens were first class in that you could hit a ball in from 200 yards and they would pretty much stop dead, more lofted shots would spin back yet pitch and runs and putts were fast and true. In fact I putted better than I normally do back here. We also travelled to play Wolf Golf Club which is owned by one of my companies clients and while it is only a few years old it has the potential to be an amazing course. the only downside is that is was a 2 hour drive from our hotel in Vilnius! All in all I would certainly recommend The V Club for a golf trip as you the course and facilities are first class plus its a good talking point when you tell people your off to Lithuania for a golf trip!!!

Last edit : Mon 23rd Jun 2014 17:13
re: The V Club - Lithuania
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 30th Jun 2014 11:43

How's the course in 2014 ? it's fairly new isn't it ?

Last edit : Mon 30th Jun 2014 11:43
re: The V Club - Lithuania
user425315
Reply : Mon 30th Jun 2014 12:58

Darren,

are you asking about The V Club? if so then its awesome but bl00dy tough and I want to go back and play it with my own clubs!

Last edit : Mon 30th Jun 2014 12:58

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top