Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicaps

Posted by: user591533 | Wed 18th Jun 2014 15:50 | Last Reply

Hi there,

My handicap is 28 I just wondered if this is good not and what sort of level I am playing at.

I am new to the game and am learning all about it. so it may sound like a silly question lol.

Many thanks

David

Last edit : Wed 18th Jun 2014 15:50
re: Handicaps
user88724
Reply : Wed 18th Jun 2014 19:23

David,

Does it really matter?

Having said that most people like to improve at their respective sports. If that applies to you then set yourself interim achievable targets and formulate a realistic plan to get there.

The only true competitor one competes against is ourselves, and steady progress is a win win and provides motivation to keep working.

Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Try not to get bogged with where you are at and focus more on your potential. Ignore both the folk who are empty praisers and the put you downers, and certainly don't invite them in again.

Last edit : Wed 18th Jun 2014 19:23
re: Handicaps
user106712
Reply : Thu 19th Jun 2014 13:08

Get a few lessons to start with so that you don't get into too many bad habits. I think you will probably reach around your potential within the first 2 years. I remember playing to around 12 handicap 18 months after I started playing. Now, 14 years later my handicap is 10 and probably won't get lower (but I'll keep trying). Have fun playing is my best advice, don't get too upset when you hit a bad shot or have a bad round. It's only a game !!!

Last edit : Thu 19th Jun 2014 13:08

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top