Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ecco shoes

Posted by: user476357 | Wed 4th Jun 2014 23:05 | Last Reply

Just ordered a pair off amazon. £30 off. Got the ecco bios hybrid. Red and white ( World Cup year )

Anyone have them? What do you think. My friend rates them and wanted a summer pair.

Last edit : Wed 4th Jun 2014 23:05
re: Ecco shoes
user88724
Reply : Thu 5th Jun 2014 08:14

Darren,

I had two flat soled (ie no spikes) pairs after Freddy Couples made them famous overnight a few years back. Whilst I liked them (and more importantly they do not cut your feet up, unless you accidentally put on your wife's pair) the downside was that they were not waterproof. Even in summer this can be a problem if you play early in the morning and walk through dew-laden rough. Also, their soles are not thick enough / firm enough to maximise their 'reduce fatigue' effect.

But I personally believed that heavy leather shoes had their day and that Ecco was on the right tracks. I finally found the perfect solution (for me) with Puma idCELL - lightweight, firm supportive fatigue reducing soles and guaranteed for two years. Waterproof and vegan friendly.

As for the model which you refer to I have no knowledge but personally cringe when I here the word 'hybrid.' I tend to choose what I want, buy an extreme model, and sometimes make it even more extreme. 'Hybrid' signifies compromise and whilst it's an in word for possibly saving marriages does it do the same for our game?

Let us know how you get on, at least £30. is not a bad punt for trying something is it?

Last edit : Thu 5th Jun 2014 08:14
re: Ecco shoes
user26342
Reply : Thu 12th Jun 2014 07:24

I bought a pair of ecco street for £55 brand new from American golf after they price matched (grudgingly) from zalando.co.uk. Wore them once so far for a 36 hole comp & they were very comfortable.

Last edit : Thu 12th Jun 2014 07:24

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top