Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Looking for players in the Essex area

Posted by: user588908 | Mon 2nd Jun 2014 14:26 | Last Reply

Hi There,

I am fairly new to the game, I only started this time last year and although i enjoy the game a lot it can be quite boring, hacking round the links on your own.

I found this Forum online and decided to join to see if I could find any other new players in the area in a similar situation.

I live in the Southend area but am happy to travel as far as places like Brentwood if need be, I just want to broaden my Golf contacts and enjoy a game with some company.

do let me know if anyone is interested and i hope to hear back soon from any fellow members in the Essex area. .

Regards

Dave

Last edit : Mon 2nd Jun 2014 14:26
re: Looking for players in the Essex area
user476357
Reply : Wed 4th Jun 2014 22:55

Hi Dave my father in law ( Andy ) lives in south benfleet and plays on his own a lot if you fancy a round with him I can ask. He plays one on canvey island a lot I think. Well he did last year. He's been playing on an off for years. Not broke 100 yet though.

Last edit : Wed 4th Jun 2014 22:55
user588908
Reply : Thu 5th Jun 2014 10:40

Hi Darren,

thanks for your reply.

I live in Shoebury, but could easily get to Canvey or any other local courses if your father in law is interested. I also haven't broke 100 yet, my average score is 110/115 or around that mark.

if he is interested, do let me know and I can PM your my telephone details. I do love playing Golf but it is quite boring trudging round for 4 hours on your own, so it would be nice to have someone to play 18 holes with.

thanks again.

Dave

Last edit : Thu 5th Jun 2014 10:40
user567368
Reply : Mon 9th Jun 2014 18:11

Hi Dave, Are you available weekdays? And Is Maylands too far for you travel. They are often listed in tee-off times, not quite sure if we could arrange to meet up by booking the same tee time independently or not. Will have to wing them an e-mail if you want to get together. I live in Enfield and can get to Brentwood in about 40 mins. Regards Malcolm (28 Handicap)

Last edit : Mon 9th Jun 2014 18:11
user588908
Reply : Mon 9th Jun 2014 20:25

Hi Malcolm, thanks for your reply. To be honest weekends are better for me as I work during the week. Do you play weekends? I live in Shoebury and it is around 40 minutes for me to get to Brentwood also. So we would be meeting in the middle. Have you played any of the Brentwood courses?

Last edit : Mon 9th Jun 2014 20:25
user567368
Reply : Mon 9th Jun 2014 22:43

Hi Dave, I too am actively working although I am able to be flexible. I have tended not to play weekends as that was usually my main working days. Things change as life progresses so i could fit in a game at the weekend it just depends on family commitments. I suggested Maylands as it is a course that I know and is often listed at reasonable price on direct tee times. I have also played North Weald and Blakes but do not know of any others that do. Ot charge £££ green fees. Do you know of any? Also are there any days when you finish early for say an evening twighlight game ? Regards Malcolm

Last edit : Mon 9th Jun 2014 22:43
user588935
Reply : Fri 27th Jun 2014 16:25

I am based in southend, i am a 28 handicap and would be interested to play as i am in a similer situation. i only play on a monday to friday, Call me if interested on 07931845915

Last edit : Fri 27th Jun 2014 16:25
user622175
Reply : Mon 6th Apr 2015 17:58

Hi. I'm in Wickford so not far at all.

Email me on [email protected]

Cheers

Last edit : Mon 6th Apr 2015 17:58
user53837
Reply : Mon 21st Dec 2015 15:09

We've let the old forum slide of late but have now moved to a new & improved version. I'd highly recomment you register on the new forum and post your query there now >>

http://forums.golfshake.com/

Last edit : Mon 21st Dec 2015 15:09

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top