Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Ethics Question?

Posted by: user469358 | Sun 18th May 2014 15:01 | Last Reply

What if you were playing in the club championship tournament finals and the match was halved at the end of 17 holes. You had the honor and hit your ball a modest two hundred fifty yards to the middle of the fairway, leaving a simple six iron to the pin.

Your opponent then hits his ball, lofting it deep into the woods to the right of the fairway. Being the golfing gentleman that you are, you help your opponent look for his ball. Just before the permitted five minute search period ends, your opponent says: "Go ahead and hit your second shot and if I don't find it in time, I'll concede the match."

You hit your ball, landing it on the green, stopping about ten feet from the pin. About the time your ball comes to rest, you hear your opponent exclaim from deep in the woods: "I found it!" The second sound you hear is a click, the sound of a club striking a ball and the ball comes sailing out of the woods and lands on the green, stopping no more than six inches from the hole.

Now here is the ethical dilemma: Do you pull the cheating bastard’s ball out of your pocket and confront him with it or do you keep your mouth shut?

Last edit : Sun 18th May 2014 15:01
re: Golf Ethics Question?
user43763
Reply : Sun 18th May 2014 18:16

lol i was hooked on all the way to the end.

id let him finish and on the playoff if he hits one a little wide intohe woods again id go in deep and "find" his ball in a horrible ravine with no shot, oh well thats golf

Last edit : Sun 18th May 2014 18:16
re: Golf Ethics Question?
user573251
Reply : Wed 21st May 2014 04:44

I guess a good ethics question would be his ball being in your pocket? karma

Last edit : Wed 21st May 2014 04:44

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top