Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ben Hogan PC Blade Irons (Manuf. '84-'87)

Posted by: user88724 | Sun 11th May 2014 20:05 | Last Reply

I'd like to custom build myself a nice set of irons (ideally with a 2 iron inc.) - the sort of irons one can't seem to buy anymore - high centre of gravity / low ball flight. (Yes dear engineer friends I appreciate that c. of g. is a three dimensional issue, but I don't think that we need to go there). Has anyone got a set of Ben Hogan PC blade heads which they might be willing to swop for some sort of new golf equipment? (I have a few ideas). I appreciate that, this far down the line, I may have to re-groove and at least get a couple of the shorter irons re-chromed.

And, yes I know of the few sets available in the U.S.A. via eBay etc. But I had bad experiences importing second hand equipment from that part of the world.

Last edit : Sun 11th May 2014 20:10
re: Ben Hogan PC Blade Irons (Manuf. '84-'87)
user484058
Reply : Wed 14th May 2014 18:22

I have a set of Ben Hogan Apex II's that you may be interested in? I have 3I → 9I and they even come with an Equaliser, Hogan's name for a wedge! Might they be of interest?

Last edit : Wed 14th May 2014 18:23
user88724
Reply : Fri 16th May 2014 12:26

SR, The Apex II is a lovely iron, but I am looking for the PC model. The different models are shown in 'Google Images.' The PC model has weight high on the back of the face to raise the C. of G. and keep the ball low. But thanks. Ivan

Last edit : Fri 16th May 2014 12:26
user88724
Reply : Mon 26th May 2014 12:51

26 May 2014

Now bought a set off eBay USA. Fingers crossed!

Last edit : Mon 26th May 2014 12:51

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top