Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Double standards.

Posted by: user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 21st Apr 2014 12:46 | Last Reply

Dropped in for a Coffee with some old golfing friends today. Got round to telling them about my problems with a certain Cashback card on Saturday. Couldn't use it for fuel and it was cancelled because of my trying to. Tried ringing them and was told no one available until Tuesday because of Easter. So I can't get at my money until then. "Aren't people allowed a Bank Holiday?" one guy asked. "Yes, but not the whole company when they are dealing with peoples cash" was a reply. "But people have rights and shouldn't be expected to work bank holidays" this guy added. "Who served you Coffee just now?" was asked. "One of the kitchen staff" was this guys reply. "What would you do if this Club closed from Friday to Tuesday for Easter?" "I'd cancel my Membership and go elsewhere, it's one of the few times work allows me some decent golfing time".

So how many people expect time off at Bank Holidays, yet demand facilities are fully open for them?

re: Double standards.
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 21st Apr 2014 17:40

My wife works in retail and is amazed at how many people want to go shopping on a bank holiday! The problem is we live in a 24 hours society now and people expect to be able to do anything at anytime of the day or night.

During the war....... Sorry, when I was a kid the shops were shut on a Sunday and then on a Bank Holiday Monday. The cash points ran out of money around 2pm on a Friday afternoon. If you didn't get enough bread and milk you did without until Tuesday!

There is a difference if you work in the leisure industry as there busy period is when most people ar e off work.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top