Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

And the winning stable ford score for the weekend comp is......

Posted by: user89876 | Sun 20th Apr 2014 14:34 | Last Reply

49 points That's not a typo either

re: And the winning stable ford score for the weekend comp is......
user577316
Reply : Sun 20th Apr 2014 17:15

I was in for a score looking like that until I went back to my normal self haha finished a good front 9 with 25 points then an average 14 on back 9 I think the pressure got to me haha mind you it was still a winning score

user557195
Reply : Sun 20th Apr 2014 17:54

That is outrageous! Was they wearing a sombrero and poncho!

user250721
Reply : Sun 20th Apr 2014 21:12

There is nothing worse than playing in a comp, having a great round or two and getting in and realising that some cheat has done you.............How they sleep at night in beyond me.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 20th Apr 2014 21:16

Bet it was a board comp or there was some prize on offer too. They only ever have the "round of their life" when there's some kind of glory to be had

user21179
Reply : Sun 20th Apr 2014 21:39

13 shots better than your handicap does point to an issue somewhere ! A real beginner with sporting ability maybe but not someone off a reasonable handicap !!

user249902
Reply : Mon 21st Apr 2014 00:46

50 points last weekend in the Stableford. Young lad off 13 shot 6 birdies, 2 doubles 1 bogey and 9 pars, 1 under gross.

He got cut by 2.9. This week in a medal he shot 81 which ave him another under par net.

Fair play to the kid, I have seen him spending hours chipping and putting, so he's putting in the effort

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 21st Apr 2014 12:53

Tim, Its only 13 shots better than their Hcp if CCS/SSS and Par are the same. Roundhay GC here in Leeds will have 40pts as playing to ones Hcp. Par 70, SSS 66. Some courses invite these silly scores. Roundhay had a Nett 48 posted some years ago.

user21179
Reply : Mon 21st Apr 2014 17:39

Even if the sss was 4 shots lower David i still stand by my original feeling that either 9 or 13 shots better than your handicap points to it being incorrect or in need of adjustment at the very least.

user118394
Reply : Mon 21st Apr 2014 17:42

i played in our monthly medal at the weekend.blowing a gale and freezing shot 1 over my handicap (84) par 72 ss73 so thought i had done ok in the conditions looked at results this morning kid shot 76 playing off 12 !!!!

user89876
Reply : Mon 21st Apr 2014 20:46

I have just found out it was a 25 h/cap who's been at the club for 10 years

user451055
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2014 09:34

We had a nett 54 posted yesterday at Moortown - was a texas scramble though

I did want to check something with a Texas scramble. My other half is a mighty fine player, he plays off 2 yet is not above participating in a bit of social mixed golf. He played in the TS yesterday and not surprisingly it was his team which won with a net 54.

Each player had to contribute 2 drives. Beyond that, for every other shot you could choose any. This meant that they essentially used his shot almost every time. They ended up with 11 birdies and no bogies.

Should TS rules be that if your ball is chosen then you don't hit the next shot. Only the other three have a shot?

Not that I am bitter - he won a bottle of booze and doesn't drink so I got the prize anyway

user246701
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2014 10:56

If you play a 'Florida Scramble' then that's exactly the rules you play Judy. Evens out the use of the low handicappers shots ... but just means they put two low handicappers in the team instead

user451055
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2014 13:19

Florida scramble - I like that - will suggest it next time. The teams were drawn out of a hat so hopefully we wont have more than one low handicapper in each team!

user69191
Reply : Fri 25th Apr 2014 12:10

Rob, was that Jakob?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top