Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

36 Hole Season Starter Report

Posted by: user250721 | Tue 15th Apr 2014 08:39 | Last Reply

I sucked

End of report

Seriously though. Think everyone will back me up when I say what a fantastic day had by all, courses in great condition (as per last year) and couldnt ask for better weather.

Big big thanks to Chris for all his work that goes into organising an event like this.

re: 36 Hole Season Starter Report
user24437
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2014 10:10

I'd go along with that Matt - not the bit about you sucked, but then again I didn't see you play, but at times it did seem most of us were engaged in a race to the bottom.

Weather and courses both good, the tops of my ears are now telling me the sun was stronger than I thought, although that's secondary to the aching shins and swollen feet (and if one of my colleagues says that golf is not a physical sport again he's going to be dragged out to caddy for me next year). Special thanks to Shaun and Mark for a great laugh during the round, great company.

And thanks to Chris (and Jo) for another great event.

user130313
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2014 10:12

100% agree and would like to add my thanks to Chris for another fantastic day. Roll on next year.

user477305
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2014 10:52

I would agree, thanks Chris, it was a great day and honestly such good value for what you get. Really well organised as well.

user249902
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2014 14:29

I'd like to echo the thanks. Chris P, another great day and hopefully I'll be back next year, dates permitting.

The courses were both tough but fair and the hospitality shown by the staff was first class.

Many thanks to Chris Bolton and Daniel Alverez for their company on the course, I'd like to know where Chris B bought that handicap...lol

Congratulations to the winners.

user477305
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2014 15:58

Thanks Robert, you were great fun around the course!

My handicap comes from the unique ability to be able to win the long drive competition, yet still blob that hole

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2014 21:32

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it makes organising the event worth the effort and hopefully you'll be able to make it next year. A review of the courses would be appreciated if you can spare a couple of minutes, link is here -> http://www.golfshake.com/course/view/67728/Minchinhampton_New_Course_Golf_Club.html

Results are now available via the following links: -

For the Overall score -> http://www.golfshake.com/group/view/5780/events/leaderboard/

For the morning round -> http://www.golfshake.com/group/view/5780/events/8678/scores/

For the afternoon round -> http://www.golfshake.com/group/view/5780/events/9372/scores/

The headlines are

1. Mike Smith 79
  2. Alan Davison 75
  3. David Ball 70
  4. Michael Hopkins 70

And finally

33.Matthew Wabe 38

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2014 22:14

I've sorted any blob scores now adjusted to 'nett double bogey'

I think Chris will have the combined score leaderboard live in the next 24 hours.

Regards, Darren.

user354092
Reply : Wed 16th Apr 2014 08:42

Hi all and in particular Chris,

Brilliant day and it was great to meet some of you for the first time! Very much looking forward to seeing you all (hopefully) at the Golfshake events and the North v South where I understand the South needs to take some revenge?!

user24437
Reply : Wed 16th Apr 2014 14:30

Sounds like fighting talk to me Owen. Many have tried, most have failed. Still, good luck!

user249902
Reply : Thu 17th Apr 2014 08:42

Course reviewed.

user204302
Reply : Thu 17th Apr 2014 20:49

Just a message to say thanks to all for a great day tim was great to play with and for my first time out with you lads it was a laugh even if the golf was bad me and mike will be back thanks again all and see you all in July I hope

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top