Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Filming your golf swing

Posted by: user577070 | Wed 2nd Apr 2014 14:00 | Last Reply

Hi, can anyone help me, what is the best product on the market to film your golf swing? As a keen 5 handicap golfer I am eager to improve so my pro says to really improve my technique I need to see what I am doing. What is the best option out there anyone? I have had a look on the internet, the only ones that look any good is the Ping iCradle or the Rokform Shooter Lite. The though of using my iphone is really appealing so the Rokform looks interesting. The Ping iCradle looks basic.

Any thought would be appreciated?

Grant

re: Filming your golf swing
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2014 14:06

Disclaimer: I know the guys, these are some cheap options -

FOCAL for phone holder:

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/6652/FOCAL_Golf_Smartphone_Holder.html

App SwingPlane:

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/3106/SwingPlane_iPhone_Video_Swing_Analysis.html

If you want to go all out then look for one of the cameras that does slow mo, I used to have a Casio Exlim EX-FH100 which I recorded this on at the super slow mo 1000fps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abVs-2IFiIA

user577070
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2014 14:48

Thanks Darren, no offence but the Focal holder is not what I am looking for, it looks a bit large and clumsy. Are there any other options apart from the iCradle or Rokfom Shooter?

Grant

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2014 16:45

None taken Grant. To be honest I'd have to be seriously confident with any holder to put my £500 smartphone in it.

Have you seen the Joby Gorillapods ?

user43763
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2014 18:36

what phone do you have because the glaxy s4 has a 1/8 times speed that is excellent for slow mo golf swings, if you have an iphone....get an s4 :p

user577070
Reply : Thu 3rd Apr 2014 10:04

I have the iPhone 5S which also has the slow motion mode, I downloaded the Swing Plane app last night Darren, awesome app and looks easy to use. The Joby Gorillapods look cool but I don't want to lug a tripod around in my bag. After a good internet search last night I think I'll give Rokform a go as you get an alignment stick and a decent phone case with it. Any one used Rokform before or heard of it? Masters Golf are selling and my pro shop has a few in stock.

user356537
Reply : Thu 3rd Apr 2014 12:24

It seems a lot of money for what it is. I think I'll make do with getting one of my playing partners to do it or just prop my phone up on my clubs!

user250721
Reply : Thu 3rd Apr 2014 12:43

Grant - The focal holder which Darren mentioned should do the job. I use it all the time and does exactly what you want it to do.

I also use swingplane app as well as Ubersense. Both decent.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 3rd Apr 2014 12:52
user577070
Reply : Thu 3rd Apr 2014 16:49

Thanks fellas, I will let you know what I go with over the weekend, need to consult my pro. I like to support him as he does a great job as most PGA Pro's do.

Grant

user575792
Reply : Thu 3rd Apr 2014 19:33

If recommend going with youtube videos for instruction. They are free and generally pretty accurate and informative. Jacob Bowden has a series of golf instructional videos to help teach your improve your game all around.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SwingManGolf

user577070
Reply : Wed 9th Apr 2014 10:40

Hi guys. After testing a few products with my pro, I went for Rokforms offering. For the price (which is not cheap) it is exceptional quality. You get a cool, rugged phone case and an additional mount for the car along with the alignment stick with the attachment. I must say it is really handy, you carry the alignment stick in the bag and just pop it in the ground and attach your phone. With the swing plane app its a perfect compliment. I am officially a golf tech nut now. My pro also had a clip on mount that fits on trolleys, bikes etc. I would def recommend to anyone who wants the ease of filming their swing.

Cheers

Grant

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top