Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Website feedback from iPad/Virgin BB user

Posted by: user246701 | Tue 25th Mar 2014 22:11 | Last Reply

Since I started using golfshake on my ipad I've been having some issues accessing various areas. Basically I can usually access the front page, but on occasion when I press a link (forum/comps/course reviews) the site just stops loading. This can happen at any time of day and if it works then it'll be fine for that session, but if it fails to load then I usually just ignore it and come back later when it sometimes works again.

Other sites work fine when this happens, and this evening I found that if I close safari on the ipad and then restart it then it seems to open up fine again.

So the question is does anybody else have issues with using an ipad to view the site, or have issues with using Virgin BB ? It's gotta be one or the other !?!

re: Website feedback from iPad/Virgin BB user
user5999
Reply : Tue 25th Mar 2014 22:19

Have you thought of trying a different browser

user246701
Reply : Wed 26th Mar 2014 06:44

Good thinking Jack I did have Chrome installed but the stupid Apple limitation of not being to able to make it the default browser was incredibly annoying when clicking links in emails etc, so much that I stopped using it.

Will try it next time it locks me out though, just to eliminate safari from the problem.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Mar 2014 07:47

I'll do some testing today. I also use Virgin and have and iPad so will see if I can replicate.

user246701
Reply : Wed 26th Mar 2014 11:11

Just failed to load the forum pages from safari ... Onto chrome and it worked first time.

user289859
Reply : Wed 26th Mar 2014 20:29

Odd...using Safari no problems whatsoever here on my iPad...

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Mar 2014 21:16

Brian, I'll email you for more info.

I wonder if it's linked to the 'remember me' login functionality or you access the site via a direct URL. I'll test some more.

user246701
Reply : Wed 26th Mar 2014 21:58

Seems I've been logged out on safari now, and won't even log me in anymore. Chrome is working great though !

user356537
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2014 22:33

Virgin BB and iPad not giving me any issues when accessing GS

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 28th Mar 2014 14:08

Brian, just send an email over with a possible replication of the issue. Let me know.

Thanks, Darren.

user246701
Reply : Fri 28th Mar 2014 21:54

Yes, that's one of the issues, have replied just now showing another scenario too.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top