Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Online swing tuition - any good?

Posted by: user575279 | Sat 22nd Mar 2014 19:30 | Last Reply

Hi, I'm new to the game of golf, although I know the basics through a few tips from my dad over the years. It's great getting out on the course, but i'm keen to improve. A lot and as quickly as I can! The coaching sessions with the local pros are a bit of a stretch for me financially. I've seen a couple of websites that will analyse a video of your golf swing and send you tips remotely. I can easily record this on my camera in my back garden, but wondered if anyone had any experience of these sites and would know if they are useful. Thanks in advance for any help!

re: Online swing tuition - any good?
user5999
Reply : Sun 23rd Mar 2014 11:29

I've just signed up for online lessons I'll let you know how i get on

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 24th Mar 2014 11:04

Out of interest what system are you using ? we've looked at this a few times on Golfshake.

SwingPlane is a pretty decent swing analysis app if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/3106/SwingPlane_iPhone_Video_Swing_Analysis.html

user5999
Reply : Tue 25th Mar 2014 22:22

Lesson is through swingpal although that's just because the instructor I wanted uses that

user5999
Reply : Sun 30th Mar 2014 15:33

Quick review

I sent a dtl & fo video and explaind the problems I was having it took just over 24hrs before I got the email saying my lesson was ready to view

Instructor explained my main fault in the swing and the cause and gave me a drill to work on the lesson stays open for 36hrs to allow any questions you may have

Quite early yet but showing some signs of improvement

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top