Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Changed my clubs

Posted by: user16106 | Fri 21st Mar 2014 19:34 | Last Reply

Ive been going through a bad patch over the last 4-5 months and think ive only playedto handicap 1 time and that was in pretty sodden conditions. I got to the stage where I really didnt know if I was going to top, thin , fat , slice , hook or sh&&k. It was that bad. I decided last week to dust off my old Callaway X-16s and gave them a go. They dont go as far as my current fatshafts, they are actually about 15 yd short per club but a lot easier to hit. I also took out a different putter, result wernt so good with no puts over 6 ft converted. I was also incorperating a method of keeping my back leg quiet which was a lot more difficult than it looks but is quite effective. I hit nearly every fairway, and dead straight. All in all very happy, shot a 90, 33pts, no blobs on a pretty tricky course, ( Traditions ). Out tomorrow to a shortish course ive yet to play, ( hurtmore ), I WILL STICK WITH THE x-16S but back with my usual putter. They say a change is as good as a rest. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Changed my clubs
user418412
Reply : Sat 22nd Mar 2014 18:39

Interesting stuff. Is it all minds games. Switched back over to my summer putter for a club qualifier, rubbish round (+10 to handicap) but 29 putts, no 3 putts, 30 footer for birdy and 20 footer holed as well. Was it really the putter? Who knows! Whatever it was I need to cut out all the crap for next week!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top