Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Manually reducing own handicap

Posted by: user437360 | Mon 17th Mar 2014 09:46 | Last Reply

Golfshakers Looking for clarity on a conversation i had with another golfer yesterday. In summary i have been playing around 7 shots better nearly every week this year than my official handicap which is 17 and he says i could offer to reduce my handicap to say 14/13 but once i sign for it on a card that is what i will play off going forward . Any advice would be greatful Cheers

re: Manually reducing own handicap
user106712
Reply : Mon 17th Mar 2014 10:00

I would wait until the course is playing it's full length then tell the pro you want to submit supplementary cards and play off the competition tees. I've found at this time of year many of the tees have been moved forward and playing off the yellow tees is almost like playing off the red tees and so can make a difference of over 500 yards from the competition tees.

user557195
Reply : Tue 18th Mar 2014 13:15

Ryan enjoy your good form, enter some club competitions and your handicap will find its own level. You might even win a thing or two.

user355541
Reply : Tue 18th Mar 2014 15:51

There is nothing to stop you entering a handicap lower than your official handicap on a competition scorecard. What you entered will be used for the competition results but your handicap will only change if you better CSS with your official handicap.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top