Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

1st game this year in good conditions

Posted by: user16106 | Fri 7th Mar 2014 18:42 | Last Reply

Im playing Clandon saturday and its the 1st time this year ive had a round and the conditions are ( hoping ) going to be better than mediocre. Had a couple of socs on nice courses but coditions wern,t great. Anyone had a good round yet? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: 1st game this year in good conditions
user249902
Reply : Fri 7th Mar 2014 21:15

had a couple of 40pt+ rounds, conditions not always perfect but playable

user80078
Reply : Sat 8th Mar 2014 12:39

RAF Waddington has been playing well with very few signs of wear. Have been lucky with the weather and managed several pleasant rounds. My form is up and down but came back in 37 shots last week for an 80 total. (the golf overall wasn't great because I only had 24 putts). It will be nice when a polo shirt is the order of the day. Can't be long now...

user565589
Reply : Sat 8th Mar 2014 17:33

Had a good round at Rookwood last week. Thanks for the tip Dave. Got round in 110, thought I was doing pretty well with under 50 for the front nine but those two very long par 5's into yhe eind on the back nine kicked my arse! Weather seems to have turned this week so it'll be short sleeves soon!

user16106
Reply : Sat 8th Mar 2014 20:04

Played Clandon today. Course was pretty good, my golf was poo, 22pts AHHHH! Tees a bit tatty but dry, Fairways pretty good and dry. Greens a bit patchy but dry. No standing water anywhere on the course. There was a bit of wind and this makes some of the holes bloody hard. All in all a pleasure to play on a dry course but didnt have the game today. I hope now spring/sumer is on the way. Very linksy course if you havnt played, worth a look. Brian glad you liked Rookwood its an old favourite of mine. Yes get your points going out cos the back 9 can bite you o the arse. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user451055
Reply : Mon 10th Mar 2014 07:59

Played Moortown in gorgeous conditions and played some horrible golf. Only got 22 points. Can't even blame it on the conditions cos one of my playing partners was my husband who scored a very easy gross 67 with 6 birdies. A joy to watch but not happy about him leaving me with no excuses!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top