Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Suggest me a decent range finder

Posted by: user572633 | Mon 3rd Mar 2014 14:26 | Last Reply

I would like to invest in a decent range finder, which is also not too expensive. Now, according to website (rangefinderreviews.net) about range finders, the best range finders for golf are Bushnell's. What do you recommend and why?

And one more question - since this is my first time to buy a range finder, what features should I look for?

EDITED by Mod

Last edit : Mon 3rd Mar 2014 14:53
re: Suggest me a decent range finder
user43763
Reply : Mon 3rd Mar 2014 16:26

firstly by rangefinder do you mean a scope type? or would gps do you?

If you mean scope, your not going to find a decent bushnell for less than £150. but if that's ok then you should defiantly look out for the pinseeker feature, I may be getting my trademarks or brands mixed up but this feature allows you to pick up the pin from range. also don't be too concerned about how far the scope ranges, as long as it goes farther than your driving distance you don't need to worry.

If you want a cheaper option, why not try the Garmin S1, I bang on about it on here all the time, £99 and accurate, decent battery, looks quite good, but becomes a problem on temporary greens. Theres a feature on rangefinders on GS somewhere, im sure a mod can point you in the right direction

user505148
Reply : Mon 3rd Mar 2014 16:34

if its the watch your looking for dont get the bushnell, hole pars were inaccurate and kept directing me to different greens, bought the garmin s3 and its fantastic, better off getting the garmin watch or garmin handheld, saves alot more time than the rangefinder.

user16106
Reply : Mon 3rd Mar 2014 17:58

Jason Flyn, I have a sureshot GPS and cant praise it enough. I used to own a bushnell but found that if there were trees or bushes behind the green ( as there were on a lot of courses I play ) it would struggle to pick up the flag. Also if the flag is not visible or on a dog leg there is no info. I would suggest you try to borrow one from someone or play a round with someone with one of each and see what you think. Its a personal choice. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user26342
Reply : Tue 11th Mar 2014 14:26

Jason, I have a bushnell 1600 pro with slope for sale. Pm me if you want further details.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top