Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

G25 specs help - anyone tried one?

Posted by: user43763 | Fri 28th Feb 2014 00:53 | Last Reply

Heres my predicament, i bought the Titliest 910 d2 last year after having a comprehensive fitting session, problem is, although it was the right club at the time, i dont like it anymore, i find it very hard to hit and it puts the fear of god in me everytime it ventures out of the bag. 1)i know i should learn to hit it - i am having lessons but i think its scarred me and ill never completely trust it 2) I had a g15 before this and loved the bones of it, even have the g15 irons, love everything about ping but its because it has always delivered on its promises for the money

Question: I was hoping to save a few quid and get an ebay one, looking to save £100 on some; So could i use the specs of the fitting (9.5 stiff) or do people know different? (do they launch a bit higher than the 910 would, are the shafts stronger/softer than usual), or would i be fine going for the same specs?

Would love to know your opinions

re: G25 specs help - anyone tried one?
user565589
Reply : Fri 28th Feb 2014 12:24

This is going to either sound sarcastic or naive but what happened to your G15 driver? Why don't you just get another one if it worked for you. I got one on ebay for 25 quid ( 10.5 reg) it's perfect for me.

user246701
Reply : Sat 1st Mar 2014 11:07

'Same specs' is a bit hit and miss and you may end up with something very different to what you are expecting, a Ping and a Titliest version of stiff could be very very different. I certainly wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on such a chance result ... after all if your swing hasn't changed then why would the 910 no longer work? It you had such a comprehensive fitting then I would be more worried about why the club wasn't working.

user43763
Reply : Sat 1st Mar 2014 14:34

Ok thanks for the replies, I sold my g15 to my friend as AG only offered me 50 for it he said he wanted it for that. Bit the bullet and got the g25, got in a 10.5 - 0.5 degrees, tour stiff shaft. Taking her out tomorrow. It's not that the 910 didn't work because when I hit it sweet it went like nothing else, I just wasn't confident with it and it severely punished me for poor strikes (I'm only human) in honesty I just don't think I was good enough for it and needed more help with my driving than it could give me. Still a great club though and I can see why people love them, just not for me

user246701
Reply : Sat 1st Mar 2014 14:43

Wow, you really did bite the bullet then, seems a little strange to have a full fitting and then dump that club only to then just buy something off the shelf that doesn't really match the original fitting.

Clearly fittings aren't for you, good luck with the purchase, I hope it works

user43763
Reply : Mon 3rd Mar 2014 16:29

oh no brian, I got the full fitting with the G25 too, spent an hour(ish) hitting balls with 3 different shafts, reg stiff and tour stiff, and 2 different heads, 9.5, 10.5 allowing for 9.0,9.5,10,10.5,11. I was knackered leaving there, it rained the weekend so haven't been able to take it out

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top