Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Should I Buy 910 2D or G25

Posted by: user570977 | Wed 26th Feb 2014 09:52 | Last Reply

I aM currently in the mix for buying a new driver. I am currently undecided if i should purchase a 910 2D or a Ping G25. I am due to have a fitting done this weekend but would really like to have some ideas on what people would consider the best out of the both of them

re: Should I Buy 910 2D or G25
user43763
Reply : Wed 26th Feb 2014 14:02

I have the 910 D2 9.5 Stiff kirammor shaft(I think) and I traded in my ping G15 for it. At the time the G25 had just come out and was £250!!! but without a doubt I would say G25 all day long!!! The g15 for me was a fairway finder it was 12 degrees and a regular shaft and I still hit it 250-280 down the middle with ease. I play the g15 irons and noticed the same thing when I looked at buying titlest ap2(the red ones) and the pings were just so much easier to hit. The ping drivers are confidence clubs, your not going to hit 300+ on every tee, but youd have a hard time missing the fairway with it. I would go far as to say if I could go back and change my mind I would, id go and get a ping. The 910 D2 although it has the adjustable hosel, makes no difference to me, id rather learn to hit it better. the noise it makes is a bit quieter than most, the flight is a little more penetrating and its definatly longer, but it doesn't fill me with confidence the way the ping did, you need to be striking the ball well to get it to go straight, toes and heels WILL result in hooks and slices. Just my experience tho

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top