Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Recommend a nice course, south of London.

Posted by: user565589 | Thu 20th Feb 2014 15:25 | Last Reply

Hey,

Putting together a weekend 4 ball with some friends next weekend and wondered if anyone has suggestions where is good and under an hours drive from south london? Thinking of gatton manor or the addington but they seem to reserve mornings for members and we were hoping to start early. Played Hoebridge near woking last week and it was so overbooked it took 5 hours to get round. Somewhere with a less money minded booking policy would be better. Thinking around 30-40 pounds per person. Any suggestions guys?

re: Recommend a nice course, south of London.
user466742
Reply : Thu 20th Feb 2014 17:37

Depends how far away you are & they 'Might' be doing some deals but i doubt it....give Royal Blackheath a look...think its one of the oldest clubs in the country....Or maybe try Rochester & Cobham...although you might need to know a member..

user16106
Reply : Thu 20th Feb 2014 18:00

Brian, I can recommend Rookwood near Horsham. Always in pretty good nick. Fairly easy front 9 and bloody hard back 9 if the winds in your face. Only around £25 weekend tees. Worth a look. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user418412
Reply : Thu 20th Feb 2014 21:35

The Addington is certainly a good tip although I've not been there in a while. Through my membership i can play both Nizells and Chartam Park, both are really good quality. Nizells is up there with the nicest and most interesting coures I've played.

user565589
Reply : Mon 24th Feb 2014 10:27

Booked Rooklands Dave. Will let you know how We get on. Thanks fir the tip.

user477305
Reply : Mon 24th Feb 2014 16:35

Hi Brian for future reference I would recommend my club Shooters Hill GC. Obviously I'm biased but I had played the course lots of time and joined because of how much I enjoyed it.

user565589
Reply : Thu 27th Feb 2014 09:20

Cheers chris, will give it a go.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top