Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Are my pings correct spec?

Posted by: user499646 | Mon 17th Feb 2014 21:12 | Last Reply

Just bought some ping i20 irons from a local pro shop,had to wait for nearly a month,apparently due to high demand on these clubs.i got them fitted by a local pro,yellow dot,1/4 inch longer.on inspecting the clubs at home,it looks as though the yellow dots have been painted over black.just wondered if this was the norm or have I been had?any comments much appreciated.

re: Are my pings correct spec?
user469358
Reply : Mon 17th Feb 2014 23:30

Hi Ray, you dont say if the irons you have bought are new or second hand? If they are second hand and have been adjusted to fit you I would say it is normal that the yellow dots have been painted on over black. There are unfortunately a number of dodgy Pro's out there though who just paint the dots on and dont bother doing the adjustments. If they are new and have come direct from Ping to your Pro, email Ping through the contact section of their website quoting the serial no on the hosel and ask for the original spec they were manufactured to to be sure. I would also ask for the lie angle specs for yellow dot so that if you are still unsure you can take them to someone else who does lie angle adjustments and has the equipment to check the lie angle against Pings yellow dot spec. I have emailed Ping a few times asking for specs and have always found them helpful and quick to reply.

re: Are my pings correct spec?
user566390
Reply : Wed 19th Feb 2014 09:21

When Ping change specs they do just re-paint the coloured dots.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top