Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Management of pockets

Posted by: user455045 | Sat 15th Feb 2014 22:17 | Last Reply

Recently I got so fed up with trying to find Tees in my pocket ,marker,repairer,Hankie as I had a cold, whilst wearing waterproofs and a winter gloves. I hope you have the picture? The cups were all full of water, my friend was not generous and I had to putt everything out. Phew! My right hand was cold and wet and so back to my point. I would love to hear of any useful tips on managing my pockets

re: Management of pockets
user505913
Reply : Sat 15th Feb 2014 23:06

If your friend was making you putt everything in this weather change your golf partner as for pockets you only need one tee at a time hankies can be kept in your bag & markers don't take up much room Unless you have your fags & lighter in that pocket now that would be a problem lol

user455045
Reply : Sun 16th Feb 2014 22:40

Thanks Matt. I think I have worked something out ,so I`ll try it out next week and see if I can make life a little easier for myself. I Know it's not a mind blowing topic..........................but I do get irritated with my fumbling etc.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 17th Feb 2014 13:29

I have my scorecard holder in my back pocket.

My right hand front pocket has a orange (small) castle tee, for my iron shots. Then I have a pink (large) castle tee for my driver.

It also has my Nike pitch mark repairer, which also has a small ball marker on it.

Then I have a poker chip ball marker (I can leave this out if I don't need it).

When the ball gets really dirty I will have a Balleze cleaner in my left pocket. If there are plenty of puddles, ball cleaners, etc then I won't bother with this.

That is all I have in my pockets when playing golf.

I do know which pocket in my bag contains. Therefore if I need to mark a ball I know exaclty where my marker pen is.

Russ

user540173
Reply : Mon 17th Feb 2014 15:45

Like Russell it''s keeping organised, I only keep one of each tee I use plus ball marker in right pocket, I tend to use a tee peg to repair pitch marks as fed up with getting holes in pockets resulting from pitch fork/repairers! Also one ball marker plus if you wear a hat you can get the clip on magnetic markers, some of theses clip on markers can be clipped elsewhere like belt or some people wear them on jacket neck near top of zipper. Left pocket holds hankie & I use also attach a small towel to a side trouser/belt loop using a small carribeener clip for cleaning ball/clubface etc. I keep all stuff in bag in certain pockets so know exactly where to go when need another tee or something.

user455045
Reply : Mon 17th Feb 2014 16:25

Thank you all. I think the thing that's awkward at the moment is that I suffer with cold hands syndrome, I think its called Reynard's syndrome: therefore having to wear a glove. Having a gloved right hand is just making it awkward to get items from my pockets. It is most helpful to hear of what others do. Thank you.

user540173
Reply : Mon 17th Feb 2014 16:53

John have you tried using winter golf mitts? At least you will be able to take off easily & quickly when wanting to get to pockets, may help using a hand warmer inside right hand one too. Most pro shops sell them & other general stores too, activate a good 30-45 mins before start of round & place inside right hand mitt ( I am assuming your a right handed golfer) to warm it up nicely. These mitts are great & if you get the bigger ones that don't have finger/digit slots inside so you can wear the pair on both hands between shots as your 'golf gloved' left hand will fit inside easily too

user467588
Reply : Mon 17th Feb 2014 19:52

John, I'm a leftie and have this for normal, but stuff does build up and occasionally have to have a clear out mid round.

The usual nonsense like phone & keys go into the waterproof zip pocket on the bag, then pitch repairer with a magnetic ball marker, a small tee and a driver tee with into the left pocket. Belt loop on the right has a towel hanging from a carabina with the loose end tucked into the pocket.

Everything else is distributed around the bag. Wet weather gear in one of the side pockets, balls in a front one, gloves in another (including a wet weather pair) and sunglasses case. Card & pencil on my trolley and off we go.

All the clubs have a specific place in the bag.

Strangely, if something is missing from this line up, I rarely play well, so it may be a disadvantage.

Organisation works fine for me, but not for everyone I think. Hope this helps.

as a p.s., I totally agree with respect to the mitts... best think our Katie in the pro shop ever talked me into buying!

Last edit : Mon 17th Feb 2014 19:54
user477305
Reply : Tue 18th Feb 2014 11:33

Like most I have a very specific pocket system! Right pocket is for my tees, I will have a castle tee for my driver then wooden tees for my other clubs. Left pocket will be my Nike pitchmark repair tool that has a magnetic ball marker attached, back right pocket will be scorecard with pencil and back left will be for my glove while putting. Simples!

user455045
Reply : Tue 18th Feb 2014 12:06

Thanks . Some really good thoughts. I guess we could move on with the original question to include how players position their clubs in their bags and why? Just a thought.

user545579
Reply : Tue 18th Feb 2014 20:21

I personally keep my opponent in my left pocket during match play rounds and in my right pocket I place my HTC 8S with 512mb of RAM, 4GB of internal storage with the possibility of expansion through a micro SD. It also has a snapdragon Qualcomm 1GHz dual core Krait processor, 5MP camera and a screen with a pixel density of 233. I don't use tees...

user545579
Reply : Tue 18th Feb 2014 20:33

I generally place my clubs by the shaft into the various slots positioned into my golf club holstering device

user455045
Reply : Wed 19th Feb 2014 10:00

OKay ............I left myself open to that mirthful response. What I meant to say is .................do players group their clubs in a particular way........................ of course shaft first!!!!!!!

user545579
Reply : Wed 19th Feb 2014 10:28

Haha, I was only joking, just thought I'd brighten up my own day. If you want to know it goes from my lob wedge across to the left going up my set, then go back to the right on the next row and go up the set to the left again and on the top row my driver goes in the middle with my hybrid to the left and fairway wood to the right with my putter in the umbrella holder.

user455045
Reply : Thu 20th Feb 2014 09:41

Thanks .........every little helps. Particularly with this untidy boy.

user540173
Reply : Fri 21st Feb 2014 12:55

Organise mine pretty much the same as comedian Ethan, have external putter holder, then rows of short to long irons with driver & rescue to back.. I use a trolley so find makes sense to have longer clubs to back of bag near trolley handle... Used same system when using carry bag.. longer clubs to back/stand end.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top