Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Frustration

Posted by: user246626 | Fri 14th Feb 2014 20:20 | Last Reply

Surely im not the only one getting frustrated with this weather. I have managed to get out on the course once so far this year. Been spending most of my time down the range trying to keep my swing in shape. Looking forward to the summer now and playing every day after work.

re: Frustration
user246701
Reply : Sat 15th Feb 2014 09:43

Not much frustration here, played every weekend so far, with a couple of midweek ones thrown in for good measure

user467588
Reply : Sat 15th Feb 2014 11:37

Well Adam, like yourself, we haven't had the full course open since before christmas. The back nine has been open sporadically, as it drains quite well, but even that is rationed to once round, no repeats.

Again, like yourself, I've spent a fortune at our club's range... give them their due, they've had all sorts of offers to get people in... 300 balls, a beer and a burger for £9 and so on & they are having to recover range balls by hand as it's too soggy for the little tractor.

However, I spent the time practicing with a purpose. A couple of lessons have given me stuff to work on and I've concentrated on that. The result is that the last couple of rounds I've had (only 9 holes & still soggy) have given me my best scores on th back 9 ever...

practice? ...or just not overplaying?

I agree it's frustrating, as the only time our course has been closed in my 4 years of being a member is due to snow, but having had a look at the front nine it wouldn't be much fun... On the plus, we haven't ruined the course for the next 6 months.

user43763
Reply : Sun 16th Feb 2014 00:08

i agree, played today for the second time this year, it was stupid windy and lots of temp greens and forward tees, ive been having lessons like peter but i want to get out there and put what ive learnt into practice. What i will mention however is that the course is in relatively good nik apart from being very wet (but whose fault is that really?) the groundsmen have done a good job with a bad situation. Today we saw the devastation of the recent high winds on the course, there were trees with large branches snapped off, benches blown yards and one tree that has been there 35 years according to the greenkeeper, had been uprooted and was laying on the ground. The tree was twice the size of me on its side (im 6'2) it was horrible to see.

user355541
Reply : Sun 16th Feb 2014 19:19

Some people might just hate me for this. Today I played my 14th qualifier of the year in weather/conditions which felt more like early May than February. We have been very lucky - apart from horrendous winds - and the course has not been closed once and always on normal tees and greens. I also managed my best score for a long time - 42 points.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top