Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Slight pain in right hand

Posted by: user565589 | Thu 30th Jan 2014 07:55 | Last Reply

Starting to get a slight twinge in the bavk of my right hand. Not sure if it's golf related but thought I'd ask if anyone recognises the symptoms. If I try to put any weight on my hand with my palm facing down orpushong against a door I get slight pain in the back of my hand and wrist. Something to do with my grip? Or is just that I'm grounding the club and hitting too many fat shots? It doesn't hurt while playing, only when I put any weight on the palm of the hand. Not a huge problem at the moment but dpn't want it getting worse. Anyone else experienced this?

re: Slight pain in right hand
user43763
Reply : Thu 30th Jan 2014 08:48

I get that sometimes if I hit a bit too hard down on a few shots in a row, I tend to take big divots. I think this could only be caused by gripping the club too tight, try swinging the club in your finger tips and work our if you have more or less grip pressure than that, you shouldn't.

user24437
Reply : Thu 30th Jan 2014 09:48

As you've not been playing very long I'd reckon* it's probably just the tendons stretching, they tend to take a lot of the strain as you rotate out of the swing and it's not normally the way they are used to working. You can usually tell which one it is by clenching your fist and the pulling down with your other hand and stretching the top using your elbow, the stiff ones will be obvious. Carry on with that exercise and they'll loosen up. I used to get (and still do if I've not played for a while) tendon strain on the outside of my right hand, mainly because I use a lot of wrist. It helped a lot when I added an extra wrap to my grips as well, stopped me doing the death grip on my clubs..

• I am not a health professional, please seek proper medical advise if it becomes a big problem
user565589
Reply : Thu 30th Jan 2014 12:31

Have also been foing quite a bit of Diy lately as recently mobed house. Manual screwdriving, taking massive divots and thinning shots with cold hands are a bit of an evil combination I think.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top