Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Travel bags

Posted by: user2879 | Sun 26th Jan 2014 18:12 | Last Reply

I'm looking to buy a travel bag and would like one to carry my pencil bag, shoes and clothing for a week. Has anyone got one they recommend?

re: Golf Travel bags
user24437
Reply : Mon 27th Jan 2014 17:13

Well, I've got a bog standard Masters travel bag, easily fits my Nike carry bag and shoes and padding etc for the clubs. Could possibly fit more in bit with balls and stuff I start to creep towards the 20kg weight limit. So I'd assume with a small pencil bag you'd have plenty of room.

Mine is like this

http://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/masters-golf-flight-coverall-with-wheels-253671.html?gclid=CKKql_zsnrwCFQkFwwode3MAaw&ef
_id=Us0btgAAAL@tzPaT:20140127171221:s

user451055
Reply : Tue 28th Jan 2014 15:02

I have a similar one - can't remember the brand. It takes my carry bag with full set of clubs, shoes and enough clothes for a week. I take the golf bag and hand luggage on shortish golf trips and it works a treat. One thing I do every time though is I weight my bag before I travel. It is easy to go over the limit to I stick it on the bathroom scales.

user451055
Reply : Tue 28th Jan 2014 15:04

One other thing. I wouldn't bother spending a lot on a travel bag. No matter the price or quality, golf bags get tatty very quickly. I expect to buy a new one every 4-5 years when used 2-3 times a year. Those baggage handlers really hammer them!

user566390
Reply : Sat 1st Feb 2014 09:21

Don't get anything rigid.

user23669
Reply : Sun 2nd Feb 2014 19:49

when flying with Virgin Atlantic last year I was told that if your travel bag contains only your clubs, boots & a couple of balls it goes free.

I normally fill it with everything and use it as a second case.

user451055
Reply : Mon 3rd Feb 2014 11:13

True - if you are travelling long haul anywhere except the USA, most airlines allow you to take a golf bag free. They do say it should be clubs/balls/shoes but I usually still a few heavier items in there too and have never been hauled up on it so long as it is well below the weight limit.

I use the golf travel bag as a suitcase when doing a shortish trip to Europe on one of the cheaper airlines. That way I pay for just one suitcase as my hand luggage goes free.

user498140
Reply : Wed 18th Nov 2015 19:19

I always pack my golf bag in the travel bag with a ball retriever in it set to a height a bit bigger than my driver.Pack clothing around the club heads to reduce movement as the bags do get thrown about.I add my golf shoes last as extra packing around the club heads.It is amazing how much stuff you can get in with a bit of thought.I usually take a couple of boxes of balls in the hand luggage bag as part of my carry on allowance.weighing before arriving at the airport is also a very good idea.Enjoy your travels.

Last edit : Wed 18th Nov 2015 19:19

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top