Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Whats your oldest club in the bag?

Posted by: user516308 | Thu 9th Jan 2014 09:06 | Last Reply

I'm only 3yrs into this great game and 2yrs at my club and I have already come across many players who constantly tinker with changing their clubs, either complete bag changes or singular clubs.

My oldest club is my putter, the 1 club I have never changed since I began, a trusty Ping G5i Tessa, so 3yrs for me.

What's the oldest club in your bag?

Last edit : Thu 9th Jan 2014 10:56
re: Whats your oldest club in the bag?
user246701
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 10:49

Taylormade R510 TP is currently in the bag, and is by a long long way the oldest club in my bag !

user516308
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 10:56

How long in your bag?

user246701
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 11:20

I've owned it for many years, but it only recently got a place back in the bag, after I sold my newer drivers. Currently deciding if it stays there, or if my new 3deep fairway can take over completely.

user375014
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 13:45

An Old 1 iron, Ben sayers i think, i used to use it all the time before i got a driver which was about 8 years ago.So i know its probably abvout 10-15 years old prob more actually. Doesnt get much use now other than some punch shots where it comes in really handy!

user79538
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 16:07

Although I have used 3 sets of irons since starting in 1975/6, my latest ones are quite new. I also rarely change my fairway woods, and have never had rescue clubs, making my putter the oldest club in the bag. It's not even anything special - I believe it was £29 and is called "one time". It is shaped like an odyssey 2 ball, but with lines instead of the two balls. Probably 10 years old now, and only been re-gripped once, at which stage I took the opportunity to get it cut down as it was too long for someone as short as me! It has served me well, although I do have to threaten to go back to the previous (and more expensive) one at least once each year!

user23669
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 16:53

I am the same as Terry above. My oldest club in the bag is my Odyssee White hot putter of which is about 10 years old.

My next oldest is the cheapest club in my bag a 64 degree Nike lob wedge any other club is no older than 3 years with RBZ's & Burner Irons

user24437
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 17:22

My driver dates from about 2006, can't be sure bought it second hand off e-bay from a guy who had used it for a week or so and claimed 'it didn't work'... Got it re-shafted a few years ago with an Aldila DVS 60 shaft and it's brilliant.

Having said that a guy across the road gave me a Acushnet Bullseye putter the other day, the old brass job, probably about 25 years old. No idea if I'll ever use it though. Stamped as an FL5MC, which I believe is a flange putter, 35" long, medium lie with a cord grip (missing). Probably worth, ooh, £5.

user469358
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 18:50

I have a Ping Slazenger Kushin putter from the 1960's. The first Ping putters to come over from the USA were sent over just as Putter heads and had shafts and grips fitted by Slazenger in the UK. To be honest its not in the bag though - I collect putters.

user77012
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 23:35

My irons, 1988 maruman pro conductors. Big respect Brian t love the 510 TP, regarded as one of the all time best.

user298481
Reply : Fri 10th Jan 2014 10:47

my TM Rescue mid has got to be 10 years old easily, and my putter is also a 2006 model, but my oldest club was a ping i3 3 wood was older than all of them until the shaft snapped mid swing a couple of months ago.

user469358
Reply : Fri 10th Jan 2014 15:19

Am still using Eye2+ irons from the early 90's. Still get the job done!

user565751
Reply : Fri 10th Jan 2014 17:04

Easy. My Cobra face balanced mallet putter goes back 20 years.

user235379
Reply : Fri 10th Jan 2014 18:54

Ping anser putter was my oldest, but it just got replaced with a Scotty Cameron select golo s

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 10th Jan 2014 20:49

Ping My Day putter, bought when my Ping Anser got nicked, along with the rest of my clubs in the early 80's. Still in there over 30yrs later.

user546815
Reply : Fri 17th Jan 2014 08:55

I managed to steal/permanently borrow my Dads old 7w a few years back. id say its roughly 15 years old and by far my favourite club. so versitile and forgiving

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top