Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

golf insurance

Posted by: user198914 | Thu 9th Jan 2014 00:11 | Last Reply

I don not normally have golf insurance, but I'm going to Portugal in a couple of weeks, last time i had annual travel insurance and took a 1 month trial free golf plan,, but whats the best way to ensure my clubs,, my main worry is that they get damaged on the plane.

paul

re: golf insurance
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 11:04

Damage in transit with an airline that charges to carry sports equipment is usually included, but I would suggest that you have a full package in place (£40pa ?) for piece of mind. It is worth it for the public liability section alone.

user80078
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 15:21

I play as a member on a private course attached to an RAF base. As such we usually have the course to ourselves or share it with the odd group or two. I do not have liability insurance or feel the need for it. However, yesterday I played on a nearby 9 hole public course which completely changed my opinion. The course was not busy but owing to the fact that it was squeezed into a very small parcel of land, practically every shot (with the obvious exceptions) had a risk factor higher than I was comfortable with. I am contemplating joining this attractive little club, but will not do so without taking out suitable insurance.

user79538
Reply : Thu 9th Jan 2014 15:42

I took out golf insurance cover through Golfers Club. There are a number of benefits including 2 for 1 vouchers and free rounds, but the main thing as David said above is the peace of mind that Public Liability cover gives you. As a Club member we also have cover for this which is only £1 of our membership fee.

The added benefit of seperate insurance for me was that I was lucky enough to get a hole-in-one (twice now), and I received the cheque to cover the bar bill within a week on both occasions. The cost for each of those alone was 3 times what I pay for the insurance.

user99350
Reply : Wed 15th Jan 2014 12:56

With a view to marraige or just my bank details?

user298481
Reply : Thu 16th Jan 2014 11:52

Hi Jacklen, do you happen to have a supplier of very cheap "genuine" branded golf clubs?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top