Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf shoes damaging greens

Posted by: user30263 | Mon 23rd Dec 2013 15:11 | Last Reply

Seeing social media updates regarding certain shoes damaging greens and Clubs banning them, has anyone noticed problems with particular brands of shoe?

re: Golf shoes damaging greens
user50843
Reply : Mon 23rd Dec 2013 18:42

Yes seen it first hand, fella I was playing with in a fourball a few weeks ago was wearing the ones I think you mean, and of all of us leaving the wet green you could see his foot prints were much deeper than all of ours. When you get a good look at the shoes the sole is much narrower, and the cleats sort of stick out further than most shoes. The thing is most pro shops sell these shoes so can they ban them?

re: Golf shoes damaging greens
user246701
Reply : Mon 23rd Dec 2013 22:16

I wear them, and play with guys that also wear them. Haven't seen anything untoward from any of them. The pics I've seen would appear to show shoes that have been walking on ice/frost and leaving large rounded dents. Either that or the greens are very very soft. Marks like that is something that affects ALL shoes if people don't knock the ice balls off their spikes.

I played yesterday on very very wet greens and with 2 of us with adizero on and one with 360's on. All of us were making very little (ie normal) imprints.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top