Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Happy Happy Golfer!

Posted by: user466742 | Mon 16th Dec 2013 09:31 | Last Reply

Big achievement for me yesterday. I broke 80! Had set this goal for a little while and came close two weeks ago. But finally managed it with a 79 on a par 70 yesterday (3 over Front, 6 over Back)!
Two 3-putts and drop for the only double bogey on the card. Even managed a birdie on the second hole which is a bit of a brute of a par 4 at 443 yards. Nice long drive followed by a stone dead 8 iron. To say i'm happy is a bit of an understatement!

I would definitely recommend lessons as I've just had 3 with a chap called Ben Blackburn at Kings Hill in Kent and before these lessons I wasn't getting anywhere near breaking 80, i was barely breaking 90!

Happy golfing chaps & get yourself some lessons with your local pro for Christmas!

re: Happy Happy Golfer!
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 16th Dec 2013 10:29

Nice one!

user43763
Reply : Mon 16th Dec 2013 11:17

Congrats buddy

user466742
Reply : Mon 16th Dec 2013 11:34

Thanks chaps! Early Christmas present to myself!

user80078
Reply : Mon 16th Dec 2013 11:56

Well done Andrew. Wish I was hitting in 8 irons on 400 yard holes. A nice early Xmas present to yourself eh!!

user466742
Reply : Mon 16th Dec 2013 12:17

It was a little wind assisted Michael ...but since learning to hit 'up' on the ball rather than down with driver I've gained at least 20 yards! Once you get your head around it, it makes a huge difference! High Launch & Low spin is the key to hitting it further.

user99350
Reply : Mon 16th Dec 2013 13:04

Well done Andrew, a fine achiement indeed. Now you can 'enjoy' (endure?) the mental anguish that you'll find shooting in the 70's

user566981
Reply : Thu 2nd Jan 2014 22:11

yeah well done, i broke my 80 today too, 78 on a par 69,, 3 birdies, 6 par,7 bogies a double and a treble, with three 3 putts,, I'm happy but raging still haha (despite a golden ferret). all the best for this year all you guys

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top