Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best and Worst Golfing Christmas Presents

Posted by: user557195 | Thu 5th Dec 2013 14:13 | Last Reply

Its that time of year again when family are pestering for ideas for Christmas presents, generally I will ask for balls of my favourite brand as failing to make a suggestion has the potential to result in the dreaded "novelty" golf present from one of the large department stores.

What are the worst things that people have received.

And does anyone have any ideas of some cheap and actually useful requests?

re: Best and Worst Golfing Christmas Presents
user249902
Reply : Mon 9th Dec 2013 14:34

Thanks to David Ley, I have managed to obtain a retractable pencil holder that clips on the bag, only about £8.

Also picked up some ball makers for about £4, including sharpie.

I would be happy to reveive a pair of winter mitts which can be obtained for less than £20.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 9th Dec 2013 14:46

I get mocked for my 'retractable pencil holder' but stops those 'you know who' golfers from stealing my pencils

user24437
Reply : Mon 9th Dec 2013 16:14

I'll scream if I get any more comedy golf balls,

user99350
Reply : Tue 10th Dec 2013 00:17

I've got quite a few that I've had to hide around the house, lovely presentation boxes with all sorts of crap like ball embossers (who in their right mind would bugger up a perfectly good ball with millimetre ditch?) so called swing speed measurers and other contraptions which you really can't be bothered to find out what it's for. But what can you say? However, my daughter bought me a driver from one of these shopping channels about 5 yrs ago. She told me that the bloke on the telly said 'this is ideal if you're having trouble getting out of the rough' I can still remember having to hold my smile trying desperately not to laugh but I gave it a go and still use it today. It would be nice to get a GPS but I'd probably end up paying for it anyway.

user557195
Reply : Thu 12th Dec 2013 13:12

Going to get me one of those retractable pencil holder and have added it to my list.

I have the ball embosser, ball cleaner, £3 range finder etc. etc.

user565751
Reply : Sun 15th Dec 2013 00:18

A case of Bridgestone 330s would be sweet.

user16106
Reply : Sun 15th Dec 2013 21:21

Retractable pencil, Brilliant. Had mine about 5 years. Gone through 3 bags. Small plastic rangefinder that you line up the flag on a distance curve in the eyepiece. A peice of old crap. Battery operated spinning brush club cleaner. Load of old CRAP. Big bag of mixed tees, great useful. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top