Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Cracked golf ball

Posted by: user545105 | Tue 3rd Dec 2013 22:12 | Last Reply

Here is some thing that happened to me at the weekend.

I was playing in a winter foursomes match with my partner, we were using a Dunlop DDH ball, a tube that his dad had given him. On the 3rd it was my drive hit a low hook about 60 yards in to some rough, partner found ball and hit it out on to fairway. When I got there placed ball as placing allowed, only to find a massive crack in ball. Could have explained the poor drive, so changed ball.

Still playing with this ball, when marking it on the 6th green, guess what found another crack in this ball, so changed it and putted out. Before throwing it in to bush.

Played the rest of the round with a titlest, that did not crack.

In all my years of playing golf have never cracked a ball and not 2 in 6 holes. I am aware that they are not the best ball on market. Partner said they could have been in shed for a while. Has anyone else had a similar experience.

We lost the match, 1 down playing last, which we also lost.

re: Cracked golf ball
user80078
Reply : Wed 4th Dec 2013 18:57

I've seen plenty of split ball pieces on courses over the years Richard, but never had it happen with one I was using. Have used DDH's in the past, but not for some time now. Perhaps the time in the shed with some of those -12 deg temps in the past couple of winters, weakened them. That would be my guess anyway. Sounds like a close match though!

re: Cracked golf ball
user355541
Reply : Wed 4th Dec 2013 22:07

DDH/Donnay or similar, don't use in zero/sub-zero conditions, they will break.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top