Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf with 9 fingers

Posted by: user522692 | Fri 22nd Nov 2013 18:28 | Last Reply

I just recently lost the ring finger of my right hand in an accident, and although its still healing at the moment I want to get back on the course again as soon as possible.

Apart from having to change my grip to compensate I'm wondering what other things I can do that will help. I wonder if getting new thicker grips on my clubs to make them easier to grasp might help. Also considering getting some lessons fom a pro familiar with the sort of issues that I will face.

Anyone got any other suggestions that might be helpful?

re: Golf with 9 fingers
user355316
Reply : Sun 24th Nov 2013 19:45

Bad luck Nick, but don't let it spoil your golf. A friend of mine lost a finger and improved by 4 shots in 6 months. Play on and see how it goes! All the best! T

re: Golf with 9 fingers
user451055
Reply : Mon 25th Nov 2013 08:49

A friend of mine had major shoulder surgery and ended up playing one armed for a few months and then with a shortened swing until he was fully fit again. The whole thing has improved his game massively. Much more controlled. Beware the injured golfer they say! Good luck with the comeback .

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top