Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

winter handicap conditions

Posted by: user488279 | Wed 13th Nov 2013 19:21 | Last Reply

I have been playing this week on mats (winter rules)and I have scored two decent rounds. Should I add them or is it not a true score. let us know please what you think

re: winter handicap conditions
user338942
Reply : Wed 13th Nov 2013 20:17

I normally add them but dont make them handicap qualifying.

At the end of the day, your handicap on here is open to your own manipulation so as long as your not skipping all of your sub-80 rounds, manage it as you wish.

user467588
Reply : Thu 14th Nov 2013 11:06

I thought, that for a card to qualify for handicap purposes, it had to declared as a supplementary prior to starting the round. There is a book on the counter at our club specifically for this.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 14th Nov 2013 11:12

Andy, I presume like Dave mentions you are referring to your Golfshake golf handicap ?

If so and given you maintain yourself then it's very much down to yourself. The general rule I use is that if the course is playing exactly the in length then continue to track.

However if during the winter the course is shortened; temp greens, winter tees then you could very much argue it's a different course that you may then score better on. Unless of course the courses provides a specific winter score card which may then have a different Par and SSS, I do know a few courses that do this and obviously it requires the winter score cards adding on Golfshake.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 17th Nov 2013 17:21

I put every round of full round of golf in no matter what the conditions.

user417395
Reply : Thu 21st Nov 2013 13:57

at my course the mats are nearly the same of yellow tees but not comp tees white so i add

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top