Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Sky Pro

Posted by: user43166 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 11th Nov 2013 12:52 | Last Reply

Had a lesson on Saturday. Did some work with the driver. My pro used the SkyPro gadget... and what a gadget. It took about a minute or 2 to attached the sensor to the driver and callibrate it then a few swings and it showed some really interesting stats. It was amazing the detail it picked up; backed up by my pro.

We had some fun trying to correct my club position at the back of the swing. I was 18% out but could not get more than a couple of % back. We went through a few drills until we found something that "clicked" which I can now work on.

Fantastic device which you really don't know is on your club and would be a really good practice aid. At £170 though? I'm not so sure... and would need to buy an iPhone! Roll on the Android version.

re: Sky Pro
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 11th Nov 2013 13:00

Review coming soon on this. My thoughts are pretty much inline with the comments above and what a great product!

Having tested a few it's the SkyPro app that gives it the edge; easy of use, data returned etc etc

user43763
Reply : Mon 11th Nov 2013 18:50

i bought a golf sense (apple product which im open to offers for lol) and now have the android version too. it truly is amazing how these things pick up so much detail. im now having lessons and use it now and again to see how my swing is coming. my plane is much better now and feel improvements coming, roll on the summer!!!

user43166
Reply : Tue 12th Nov 2013 12:45

Golfsense looks similar but surprised it clips onto the glove rather than the club. I suppose this makes it easier to get readings from different clubs but I wonder how accurate this would be in measuring, for example, club head angle. I suffer a lot from closing the face and really need to work on that.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 12th Nov 2013 13:36

I have a SkyPro and think its great.

My backswing starts out too far inside and this has been causing me problems all season.

Now I'm swinging my club back on a more traditional line I'm hitting better shots.

I do like the 'Groove' option.

Russ

user43166
Reply : Sat 23rd Nov 2013 16:08

Garry

I didn't see that much of it to be honest. We were looking at "warnings" that SkyPro had picked up - these were text based. There was a display that I wasn't paying a lot of attention to - it was showing the swing plane up and down.

I would imagine it would tell you club face angle at impact (but don't know this for sure) - not sure if it would show you a graphic or not - but you probably don't need one.

user64715
Reply : Mon 25th Nov 2013 12:50

According to their website, the SkyPro is not currently able to tell you the face angle at impact due to the difficulty of detecting the impact point, for instance when hitting the ground before ball.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 26th Nov 2013 12:31

It does not tell you if your clubface is open, square or closed at impact.

The graphics are good, but basic.

All the information you need is shown as warnings, which you can set the allowances for in the settings.

Russ

user43166
Reply : Mon 2nd Dec 2013 08:45

I'd be interested to know how you get on with this Garry, especially as it is available for Android. Looks like it retails at about £200; seems a bit pricey but let's see if you think it is worth it.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top