Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Amending Scorecard

Posted by: user553364 | Mon 4th Nov 2013 15:35 | Last Reply

Sometimes when entering multiple scorecards I misread one and don't notice until I've finished and then spot that the stableford points don't tally. I then go into managed accounts and edit the scorecard but if the mistake has altered the handicap adjustment it isn't corrected and the handicap remains as it was for the incorrect score.

A snapshot of a recently amended scorecard shows the recent handicap as
71 71 89 0 12.8
Obviously if someone playing off 13 has scored 17 over their handicap should go up by .1 but this hasn't happened. I've tried the recalculate handicap option but it still shows the incorrect handicap and the only other thing I can think of doing is to manually adjust it.

It would be handy if handicaps could be adjusted by the corrected score. Of course another thing I have mentioned before is the showing of stableford points per hole as scores are entered. If this was possible then I could check the totals before hitting the submit button. As it is I always double check the gross scores, and still misread them sometimes, but if I knew the stableford points were correct then I wouldn't need to do this.

re: Amending Scorecard
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 8th Nov 2013 09:26

David, do you add scores via the event systems or just for individual rounds ?

The way the handicap system on Golfshake is historically because we allowed people to add manual adjustments which also get removed when you use the recalculate option. Therefore if we 'auto' recalculated after a round edit or delete it could cause issues with any manual adjustments. I'll look to see if we could think about changing.

I think your stableford point suggestions is a good one and something I'll look to add.

Regards, Darren.

re: Amending Scorecard
user553364
Reply : Sat 9th Nov 2013 10:52

do you add scores via the event systems or just for individual rounds ?

Individual rounds but after amending the scores and using the manual recalculation tool it didn't change the handicap so I've had to manually adjust them. Strangely I did read the bit about it removing manual adjustments but when I used it on my handicap, which has a manual adjustment, it didn't remove it.

Perhaps I'm doing something silly here. The "Check to recalculate based on the date below" box is ticked by default and I'm entering today's date?

Thanks for your input.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top