Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New Putter Advice

Posted by: user375014 | Sun 3rd Nov 2013 21:37 | Last Reply

Looking to obtain a new putter and have my eye on the Odyssey Tank Putter with the counterbalance stability weighting system or the cheaper Odyssey Versa. Wondered if anyone had any of these or any advise on how to choose which is the best for me?

re: New Putter Advice
user466742
Reply : Mon 4th Nov 2013 11:40

Go to a pro shop at one of your local course and ask to trial a few putters on the putting green. Pick 2/3 of the best 'feeling' putters and ask the pro shop to trial both during a round. I'm sure if you're attached to a club they won't mind. Play your single ball as normal, but when you hit the green, drop an extra ball or two so you can compare the putters for similar putts. Choose the one that you feel most comfortable with. Try not to worry if one putter knocked 3 putts off over the other, that could be down to getting a read from the first putt....Might be worth getting your putting looked at by a Pro if you tend to push or pull a lot of putts before you buy a new putter...I personally play an Odyssey White Ice #9 & after trying quite a few different putters i kept going back to that. Always feels good to me, even when i hit the putt out of the heel or toe.

re: New Putter Advice
user375014
Reply : Wed 6th Nov 2013 22:32

Cheers Andrew, thats exactly what i am going to do. Have a decent course and pro shop at chesfield downs who will im sure allow me to trial a few on their practise green and maybe a round with one.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top