Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Priors Winter League 2013 Report

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 20th Oct 2013 17:59 | Last Reply

Priors Winter League 2013

Game One Report

A glorious autumn day awaited the players for the first game in the Priors Winter League 2013. The sun was shining and the course was in a great condition, despite the rain earlier that morning.

Simon Overland got off to a flying start by getting a par on the first five holes! This gave Simon 14 points from the first five holes.

John McElroy was very close behind after five holes, with 13 points.

Everyone was playing well and there were some funny looks as we totalled up our points on the tenth tee.

It turns out the John McElroy had 22 points, Simon Overland and Russell Middleton with 21 points, and Colin Astbury with 20 points.

The tenth hole turned out to be very interesting as John McElroy started with the trick shots.

Instead of doing a pitch shot to the flag, John decided to play the classic thin shot and let it hit the flag, stopping a foot from the hole! Not much you can do to beat that....

A nice pair of birdies from Russell Middleton on the 15th and 16th hole.

15th is a short par 5. My approach to the green was a full lob wedge that ended up two fee from the flag. Nice distance for me, 84 yards.

16th hole is a par 3. Nice iron shot onto the green and when we got to the flag, my ball was 18 inches from the hole.

We arrived at the 18th tee, a par three over water, with OOB's behind. A classic finishing hole.

Russell Middleton had 40 points, Simon Overland had 39 points, John McElroy had 36 points and Colin Astbury had 31 points.

So the lead would come down to the last hole and two players in contention.

Simon Overland went first and hit a great shot onto the green.

Russell Middleton hit a steady 9 iron but it went long and right, OOB!

A par finish from Simon Overland saw hit get three points.

Russell Middleton finished with a six and the only blob on his card!

The next event is on Sunday 24th November 2013

Last edit : Mon 21st Oct 2013 12:12
re: Priors Winter League 2013 Report
user375014
Reply : Sun 20th Oct 2013 22:42

not gutted then Russell??

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 21st Oct 2013 12:10

Not gutted, DEVASTATED!!!!

I don't know if you have played this course Nick, but it's a par 3, all over water. OOB's behind and it was into the wind!

I just picked the wrong club.

40 points for me is something I haven't seen for a long time, so overall I'm happy.

Russ

user71987
Reply : Tue 22nd Oct 2013 21:20

Great day Russ, sorry to beat you on the last, especially your home course. Looking forward to the next one

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top