Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golfing in Ireland

Posted by: user75587 | Wed 14th Nov 2007 14:03 | Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

Do any of you guys go golfing to Ireland?

Just interested to find out where you go and why.

I particularly like the SE and NW of the country - you have some great local courses that are not too busy and give great value. Has anyone any other thoughts?

re: Golfing in Ireland
user79538
Reply : Fri 4th Jan 2008 17:41

We had a fourball regularly going to Ireland from 1996 to 2006, when one of my buddies died suddenly at just 46!  It wasn't the same without him, so we haven't returned.  Always went in September, and usually the weather was kind (even played in shorts one year)!

We used to stay in Dunmore East (just outside Waterford), and played various courses around the area.  Particular favourites were Tramore, Waterford Castle, Faithlegg and Waterford, although we did play many more during our 11 trips there.  Some courses took 2 for 1 vouchers, others we could use 'Open Fairways' deals, but we also got a discount at some clubs because we were staying in the local area, and that included all 4 of those I've mentioned.

re: Golfing in Ireland
user83651
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 21:06

I played both Druids Glen and Heath courses last year.  Both are excellent tracks, especially the Druids Glen course which has some spectatcular if brutal par 3's!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top