Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter golf shoes

Posted by: user82580 | Wed 16th Oct 2013 14:09 | Last Reply

I am looking to get a new pair of weather proof shoes for the winter and was hoping for some opinions on the good bad and ugly of weather proof shoes. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

re: Winter golf shoes
user553910
Reply : Wed 16th Oct 2013 16:18

I've just received a pair of stylo storm IIs which look and feel great, and which get very good reviews on Amazon. I'll be using them on the course for the first time tomorrow (it's tipping down today) so I'll let you know.

user43763
Reply : Thu 17th Oct 2013 11:23

Stay away from addidas IMO. Definatly going footjoys next time, ive never heard a complaint about them

user553910
Reply : Thu 17th Oct 2013 19:41

Well the Stylo Storm IIs get a very big thumbs up from me. Really comfortable, warm (perhaps a bit too warm today), completely waterproof in very soggy conditions and great grip.

For £40 I'm extremely impressed. Obviously I can't comment on their longevity.

One note of caution: I am a size 10 and sent the 10s back because they were too big and the 9.5s I got in exchange are still a bit large even with orthotic inserts and thick socks. Order at least half a size smaller than normal.

user82580
Reply : Thu 17th Oct 2013 23:05

Thanks for the feedback Steve much appreciated. There are so many to choose from its ridiculous.

user249902
Reply : Sat 19th Oct 2013 13:01

Depending on your budget you have limitless choice. Last year I paid £17 for a paif of Dunlop Classic from Sports Direct. Only now are they letting in water, I think it's because I'm spending too much time in the long grass. At that price I don't mind replacing them every year. Currently rotating between two pairs of Dunlop Tour (£21 a pair), not the most comfortable but as I only wear them for golf it's not too bad.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 19th Oct 2013 21:00

I have a pair of winter golf boots.

Keep my feet and ankles warm and dry all through the winter.

Made by Stylo (I think!)

Don't affect my swing and to be honest, I don't even realise I'm wearing boots once the summer months come.

Russ

user555419
Reply : Wed 25th Dec 2013 11:34

I have a pair of Footjoy Greenjoys that are coming up to 5 years old. On my 3rd set of spikes. Always dry through the worst of the wet stuff (ankle gaiters needed if it's waterlogged), warm and soft like slippers. The most comfortable shoes I own, golf or otherwise.

Never changing away from them. Hope that helps....

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top