Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Adding rounds for multiple players

Posted by: user553364 | Tue 15th Oct 2013 10:04 | Last Reply

I'm keeping track of handicaps for 48 infrequent players with the option of playing up to three times a week and find it time consuming that the drop down list in the "Add a round" feature is not alphabetical. The list of members is alphabetical so couldn't this drop down list be also. It would make life so much easier for me.

Added: I thought a was posting this in "Suggestions, requests and feedback" so don't know how it landed up here!

Last edit : Tue 15th Oct 2013 10:33
re: Adding rounds for multiple players
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th Oct 2013 10:33

David, I'm rolling out some tweaks today so will ensure this is included.

Do your guys play together or are you just keeping track of individual rounds ? I'm asking in case it's worth using the group system and then the event system built into it.

user553364
Reply : Tue 15th Oct 2013 12:31

Great to hear the tweak will include an alphabetical drop down list.

I track the handicaps for my club's senior section roll-up which we run as a league throughout the year. It's runs from January to November with a total of nearly 100 rounds. There's about 40 competitors with an average turnout of about 20 per round. Points are awarded for both team and individual scores. Handicaps for this competition are kept separately from club handicaps and I maintain the leaderboard manually due to the unconventional scoring system.

The previous administrator had customized software which was unreliable and there would now be nobody to maintain it so although more than three-quarters of the way through the year I've transfered everyone's handicap into golfshake which hopefully we'll be able to use in future years. A great advantage to using something on-line is that it will be much easier if I decide to hand the task on to someone else at a later date.

So far the new system is working well. However I would find the alphabetical drop down very helpful. One other point that would help is if the stableford points were shown as scores are entered. As with most golf clubs we use HowDidiDo for official competitions and when I enter scores on that system the points appear immediately which makes it very easy to spot an error before hitting the submit button.

Thank you for your help and interest.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th Oct 2013 16:23

How complicated is the Order of Merit system ? the event system maybe able to faciliate plus if you create events in the group area it's a lot quicker to add rounds for multiple people playing the same course and you can pull off a backup for each event (CSV file) if you ever need to analyse in Excel.

user455045
Reply : Thu 17th Oct 2013 20:34

Is there any way we can record 9 holes , as seem to do them after a practice?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top