Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Simulators

Posted by: user558467 | Wed 2nd Oct 2013 16:06 | Last Reply

Looking for a quality golf simulator? Check out Visual Sports Systems. There systems use both high-speed tracking cameras as well as integrated floor sensor mat.

There systems also can be fitted with weight transfer and video analysis hardware.

Check them out at www.visualsports.ca

re: Golf Simulators
user43763
Reply : Wed 2nd Oct 2013 16:37

i would love to know how much they cost, I cant see it being less than £6000 though. I always fancied an optishot, they looked to be good value for money but I don't know anyone whos used one

user553910
Reply : Wed 2nd Oct 2013 21:32

This looks an awful lot like spam to me.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 8th Oct 2013 21:44

Steve,

It doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is. No breach of the AUP and it's up to you whether you pay it any attention

user99350
Reply : Wed 9th Oct 2013 08:38

I've been on a few of these (playing virtual golf courses). The novelty soon wears off. I think they're accuate when it comes to tee shots ie when you think you've come accross it it will go right etc. but the putting's a joke. I know of a couple of people who have them but I wouldn't consider even paying 10% of the £30k they paid.

user553910
Reply : Wed 9th Oct 2013 17:31

Chris,

On most internet forums a message promoting a commercial product posted by an account which has obviously been created just to make that post would not be tolerated.

I'm new here and I'm not about to start an argument with a moderator about what should and should not be allowed on your site, but I will register my surprise that this is accepted behaviour. Particularly given the following from the golfshot AUP:

"Commercial posting, including [...] any solicited or unsolicited commercial communication is strictly forbidden and will be deleted immediately."

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top