Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf in Florida

Posted by: user504404 | Tue 1st Oct 2013 19:50 | Last Reply

Just after some pointers if possible.

4 of us are planning to go to Florida for a golf holiday next November, yes a long way off!

I have had a look at quite a few courses in Florida, but would be interested in any recommendations of ones worth playing by people who have been out there. Also courses to avoid as well.

Is it best to pre book or leave booking the golf until you get out there?

I have put a ceiling of $100 on green fee's per person.

re: Golf in Florida
user469358
Reply : Tue 1st Oct 2013 23:30

Hi Nigel, Ive not been myself but a friend has, apparently at a lot of courses they have really fast golf buggys and you have to use one because of the alligators!

good luck

user25808
Reply : Thu 3rd Oct 2013 22:11

I've played at the Ritz Carlton Golf Club in Grande Lakes Orlando,must have been 5-6 years ago in May. Great course, lots of water and a few gators, none of which looked speedy enough to out run you but I wouldn't want to test it. Were advised not to look in the rough for balls because of the snakes, that did encourage you to hit it down the middle a lot!

Compulsory to have a buggy, too long and too hot to walk in any case also if teeing off in the morning you had to have a caddie, the caddie was an extra price, buggy included in the green fee. It may be worthwhile checking the American holiday seasons because green fees can differ considerably if you go in their low season. For me when I arrived the green fee was over $200 but the next weekend the season changed and it was nearer $80 plus taxes of course and tip to caddie.

user504404
Reply : Wed 9th Oct 2013 12:45

Martin & Adrian

Thanks for your input, also ty Jim for the gator warning!!!! lol

I have added these courses to my list, I already had Grand Pines down so you have backed that one up for me.

I also have 3 others short listed

Waldorf Astoria Golf Club - Orlando Windermere Country Club - Windermere Harmony Golf Preserve - Harmony

Do you have any experience of these 3?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 9th Oct 2013 22:36

Nigel,

I played a Orange County National and Disney's Magnolia when I was over there a few years ago. Orange County National still rates as one of the best courses I've ever played (and I've played a fair few). I'd highly recommend playing it

As regards costs, your hotel/resort concierge will usually have offers available. Also, if you tee off after about 2:30pm you'll find the cost often drops significantly and the temperature is much more comfortable

user524501
Reply : Sat 12th Oct 2013 13:45

try www.golflink.com for your tee times u must play the disney courses. but there r lots to play and they r all good .

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top